“A MUST SEE !!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 126 things to do in Sarasota
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the Mote Marine Laboratory, this is home to a 135,000 gallon outdoor shark tank and many other marine species.
Clarion, Pennsylvania
21 attraction reviews
“A MUST SEE !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We made an afternoon of visiting Mote Marine on the recommendation of a friend. I am SO GLAD we went!!! This is a wonderful learning experience for young and old. The work they do here is invaluable, My 12 year old son really enjoyed the exhibits. Hugh and Buffett were so sweet!! If you like marine/sea life, you must visit this wonderful place!! I will return as often as I am anywhere in the vicinity.

Visited June 2013

Toronto, Canada
9 attraction reviews
“Review of the Shark feeding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Signed our girls up for the shark feeding(behind the scene)
Extremely informative and the girls loved it. The guide was amazing and you could tell that
she truly had a great appreciation for the sharks and was very passionate about them.
Any questions we asked of the girls asked she would have an answer for. Great learning experience.
We had a wonderful day and would recommend if you are in the area to spend a couple hours
and do this.

Milwaukee, WI
3 attraction reviews
“Expecting More”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We took our three girls, ages 4, 7 and 9 to the aquarium and bought the combo ticket to do the boat ride and aquarium. Aquarium was smaller then I expected but had really interesting exhibits that were informative and well done. The boat ride was very disappointing. The biologist lacked enthusiasm and it was really just a boat ride thru the bay to an island. There was a very short walk on the island and then a boat ride back. The biologist did pull up some small sea life from the net (crabs, unremarkable fish), but it was so crowded that by the time the item was passed to you it was difficult to recall which item it was. Save your money and skip the boat tour portion.

Skowhegan, Maine
“Highly Reccommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

While I am in Florida for only a few weeks every winter, I always manage a visit to Mote. I am never disappointed. It is an awesome opportunity to see what lives in the ocean. Something that most people would never see. Love the turtles, Manatees, and the dolphins! Someday when I have grandchildren, I can make it look like I am going there for them. I know that they will enjoy it almost as much as I do.

Visited March 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
20 attraction reviews
“Great visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful learning opportunity. Volunteers are helpful, exhibits are well-documented and there is a good flow to the exhibits. The diner is cute and the food is good.