“manatees, sea turtles and dolphins made it worthwhile” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 49 Attractions in Sarasota
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the Mote Marine Laboratory, this is home to a 135,000 gallon outdoor shark tank and many other marine species.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Orangeville
“manatees, sea turtles and dolphins made it worthwhile”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I found this place to be smaller than expected, small tanks, not too much to see. The best part was seeing 2 manatees and 2 dolphins in their areas, and the sea turtles. I really loved those guys. 17 bucks per person overall is too much for admission. Lots of screaming kids blocking the views. The person who works in the sea turtle area is so perfect for this job. Knows everything about them and is truly into it. He was so nice to talk to. The people who worked at the 50's style diner seemed a bit cold, probably hardened by all the screaming kids and abusive parents.

Visited May 2011

Punta Gorda, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Exceeded My Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I enjoyed my visit to the Mote Marine Aquarium. I especially found the Sea Turtle Training Session to be interesting! An all-around pleasant experience.

Visited May 2011
Tampa, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Very relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

We just got back from Mote Aquarium in Sarasota and had a great time. Our 3 year old got to touch starfish, sea cucumbers, stingrays and a horseshoe crab. She ran around all the exhibits and was amazed by all the animals. The dolphins were out and they have 4 huge sea turtles!! Worth the drive! an even better deal when you get your tickets from www.floridavacationauction.com!!!

Visited April 2011
Winston Salem, North Carolina
28 attraction reviews
“Not the best aquarium I've been to”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Not the greatest aquarium I have ever been to, but I am admittedly spoiled having grown up in Chicago with the Shedd. Two exhibits of particular interest that made the trip worth it were the giant squid (dead) and the manatees (alive) - creatures you won't see in other aquariums.

Visited March 2011
Morrisdale, Pennsylvania
“We'll be Back"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

March 8-14, 2011 took my 11 yearold grandaughter on a "springbreak" How wonderful. We went to Honeymoon Is. State Park., South to the Everglades which was fantastic, But I have to say the highlight of the trip was Mote Marine Aquarium. We did not allow enought time. We had to leave to get to Tampa for our flight out.Hated to leave. Being from central Pennsylvania, we do not get to see much Marine life, just a few trout and crappies. Your displays were,excellent,there was another suprise around every corner,
Our absolute favorite...Hugh and Buffett. They were very playful the day we were there, doing barrell rolls for us and bringing their food and comming right up to the viewing window. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! RoseAnn and Emma

Visited March 2011