“Pleasantly suprised ...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 48 hotels in Sarasota
CT
“Pleasantly suprised ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights because it was near the airport. Bigger name hotels are located nearer to SRQ but I was attracted by the price rather than the location. Wake up to a Keurig coffee maker in your room with coffee included. Decent continental breakfast that you take back to your room. Our room was immaculate!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Survivor618
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I visit Sarasota frequently and I always stay at Knights Inn. This hotel is near the airport, restaurants and attractions I like. I always make a reservation. Upon my arrival for a recent stay while attending an event, the Manager, Mr. Patel, advised me that although I had made a reservation for a king size bed, he had a suggestion for a room he thought I would prefer. Since I was travelling alone, a change was no problem for me. Upon entering the huge room, I was impressed! Not only did I have 2 double beds, I had a sofa sleeper and small eating area. The room was so nice. After I got settled in, Mr. Patel called to see if the room met with my approval. I told him how pleased I was and that I was glad he suggested this room for me. The staff is always friendly and each time I had talked to Mr. Patel he is professional but very friendly. I travel alone frequently and I have never felt unsafe at this hotel. I will always stay at Knights Inn when I return to Sarasota.

Room Tip: I like all the rooms I have had at this hotel, but the corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Wilmington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at Knights Inn for 1 night on our way to Orlando.
Room was clean (with Refrigerator and microwave), beds very comfortable and the front desk man extremely nice, friendly and helpful. I think the hotel is run by a family.
Breakfast is included and is good (cereals, toast, bagels, fruit, coffee, juice,...), maybe you should add a few chairs in pool area.
I give 5 stars because it's the best value for the Money, great location, great Service.. but the pool was not very clean.

Apopka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Pleasant experience, wonderful owner who cares about his guests. Well kept landscaping. Keurig in room, complimentary water bottles in room, too. Clean!!!!!
Close to airport and Ringling Museum.
Great value, this is not our first visit and the experience is consistent. We will return for business in June, 2014.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Clermont, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I will not stay at this hotel again. The room was dirty. We could not swim in the pool because it had not been cleaned in forever. HOWEVER, the worst was we left behind our son's sleeping buddy. Later that afternoon we called and the manager on duty told us he had found it, it was in their storage room and they would hold it for us. He even described to us what it looked like so we know they had it. He would not mail it to us so we told them we'd be back two weekends from then. Today they told us they never had it and it was not in their storage unit. Sounds to me that an employee stole it and took it home to their kid.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
knightsinnsarasota, Webmaster at Knights Inn Sarasota, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our hotel. The allegation that one of our employees took home a used child’s toy is bizarre and unfounded, but we do sincerely apologize that the toy was lost on our property and that we were unable to find and return it. I also sincerely apologize that you did not find our accommodations to your liking. Many guests are satisfied every night, but a few are not. Our goal is 100 percent satisfaction, and I’m sorry we could not satisfy you in this case.

Hotel Manager.
Winter Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Very nice Front Desk person, I didn't have to ask for discounts, he asked me first if I had AAA or Senior Citizen. He game me Veteran discount. The room was very clean. Excellent pillows and bed sheets. For the price and the age of the Hotel is very good. Will come back!

new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here for two nights after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. Was not expecting anything special and was not disappointed. The room was comfortable although older but there was a new flat screen TV as well as an individual Keurig coffee maker in the room. The owner was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was satisfactory - fresh fruit, oatmeal, bagels with cream cheese/jelly, toast, OJ and coffee/tea. It is definitely the least expensive place to stay in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Sarasota? Share your experiences!