“Great Hotel ! Chris Rocks!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersGold level
Lehigh Acres, Florida, United States
“Great Hotel ! Chris Rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

What a nice surprise tucked back by the airport in Sarasota. Not much real close by for restaurants, but they have a great restaurant right there! When I travel to this area I will definitely stay here! This was my 2nd time here and there was a minor issue with the room assigned to me so I returned to front desk where Chris immediately gave me another room with his apologies. He handled the matter promptly and professionally.
If you get the chance to eat at their restaurant, please look up Jay as he is wonderful as well!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and especially that Chriss handled your issues admirably. We strive to insure all guest stays are pleasurable and happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return if you come to the area again.

Dennis l. Patrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

First off the front desk staff here were amazing!! Amazing customer service and super friendly. The down side is the rooms, they would be just as great as the staff if they were kept up. The handle fell off in the shower, the sink retained water, there was food stuck to the ceiling, lots of scrapes and dents in the walls, the beds were dirty and uncomfortable. The pool looks amazing but there was so much chlorine in the pool it bleached out our bathing suits. Looks like the hotel just needs a better housekeeping and maintenance crew to live up to the customer service.

Stayed August 2014
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I have contacted our outside pool service with your comments about the chlorine. The company has been doing an outstanding job and I will follow up with a personal conversation with them. We are presently going through a detailed cleaning/maintenance project with every room in the hotel. I personally will be inspecting each room to insure all areas of concern are corrected. I am pleased with the staff we have been fortunate to come across. They are very willing to insure guest satisfaction.
Dunedin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This hotel is one of the best hidden secrets of Sarasota....not just for value but one of the nicest hotel off the beaten path with the best customer service. The customer service provided by Andrew at the front desk was outstanding. He was very accommodating with my requests. Later in the day he checked with me if everything was OK. I just can't say enough how I was impressed with his high level of customer service. I have never experienced this at a Holiday Inn or similar hotel category.

As far as the room and bathroom......modern and super clean...spa like. The bed was super comfortable....pillows and all. I thought I was sleeping on a Westin Heavenly Bed!

The pool is unique....inside but cool because you are not under the sun. If you want sun, just step outside to the sun deck

My only recommendation is for more lighting in the parking lot....limited lighting....not sure if this was normal or not.

In summary, this is not your typical holiday inn....once you stay there, you will probably want to stay there again....for the value and customer service!

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Andrew is a valued employee and he does a great job at customer service. We are pleased you enjoy our hotel and look forward to your return visit should you be in the area again.

Holmes Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This hotel is our once a month get away. It has a pool, sauna and steam room plus a fire pit. The staff including the restaurant staff are super friendly and helpful. We always go to get away from people since are business is people but end up meeting someone at the bar or poolside to have a great conversation with.
The rooms are clean and usually very quiet. Also is easy access to Lakewood Ranch area.
We tell our clients to stay there. Price is good and sometimes you can ask and get an upgrade. All in all, we highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: top floors in the back
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
thank you for your positive comments. On your visit, please ask for me. I would like the pleasure of meeting you since your frequent us so often. I will share your comments with the staff. We work hard together as a team to make your stay more enjoyable.

Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The hotel is updated and very clean. It has a restaurant and is nice as well. All the staff was super friendly and willing to give advice on where we could go and what we should visit while we were there. I would definitely stay there again on any future visit to Sarasota

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I share all comments with the staff and it is enlightening that we have so many positive comments about our property. We strive for excellence and it is nice when we see results such as yours. We look forward to seeing you again.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I must say me and my wife were impressed, The hotel was very clean, the room was very nice and breakfast at the restaurant was delicious, we ordered from the menu. however they do have a buffet.There is also a firepit and They have little cabanas that connect to the pool, sauna, gym and jacuzzi. I must great place for a getaway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your comments. it is always a pleasure knowing when we have done well to service our guests in a positive way. Your comments will be shared with all staff members.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is our 3rd year in a row staying there. Love how close is to Siesta Key and St. Armand. Price is great. Unfortunately this time was not perfect like previous stays. Bathroom sink was clogged so we reported it right away that afternoon when we checked in. Next day went to Front Desk and reported it again. The night before our check out I went downstairs to ask for a late check out and mentioned how the sink was never fixed. The maintenance guy was next to the front desk clerk to which he replied why didn't you say something sooner...to which I replied I did! The front desk clerk did not even write it down. Also, we didn't go to the pool this time due to the fact that it was looking a bit green and dirty. Sad to see that they are starting to overlook details like that. Room was clean though.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to post them. I apologize that your sink was not taken care of when you had reported it. I will pass this on to our front desk staff as well as Maintenance Department. We strive for excellence and obviously failed to make the situation right. If you have a moment to send me an email as to what day you stayed and room number if you remember, it will help me make the proper corrections and understand what staff members were working at the time. We appreciate your comments very much and will continue to provide excellent service.

Dennis L. Patrick

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport? Share your experiences!