“Awesome hotel with awesome staff! Go Andrew!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersGold level
Dunedin, Florida
“Awesome hotel with awesome staff! Go Andrew!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This hotel is one of the best hidden secrets of Sarasota....not just for value but one of the nicest hotel off the beaten path with the best customer service. The customer service provided by Andrew at the front desk was outstanding. He was very accommodating with my requests. Later in the day he checked with me if everything was OK. I just can't say enough how I was impressed with his high level of customer service. I have never experienced this at a Holiday Inn or similar hotel category.

As far as the room and bathroom......modern and super clean...spa like. The bed was super comfortable....pillows and all. I thought I was sleeping on a Westin Heavenly Bed!

The pool is unique....inside but cool because you are not under the sun. If you want sun, just step outside to the sun deck

My only recommendation is for more lighting in the parking lot....limited lighting....not sure if this was normal or not.

In summary, this is not your typical holiday inn....once you stay there, you will probably want to stay there again....for the value and customer service!

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Andrew is a valued employee and he does a great job at customer service. We are pleased you enjoy our hotel and look forward to your return visit should you be in the area again.

Dennis L. Patrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Holmes Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This hotel is our once a month get away. It has a pool, sauna and steam room plus a fire pit. The staff including the restaurant staff are super friendly and helpful. We always go to get away from people since are business is people but end up meeting someone at the bar or poolside to have a great conversation with.
The rooms are clean and usually very quiet. Also is easy access to Lakewood Ranch area.
We tell our clients to stay there. Price is good and sometimes you can ask and get an upgrade. All in all, we highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: top floors in the back
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
thank you for your positive comments. On your visit, please ask for me. I would like the pleasure of meeting you since your frequent us so often. I will share your comments with the staff. We work hard together as a team to make your stay more enjoyable.

Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The hotel is updated and very clean. It has a restaurant and is nice as well. All the staff was super friendly and willing to give advice on where we could go and what we should visit while we were there. I would definitely stay there again on any future visit to Sarasota

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I share all comments with the staff and it is enlightening that we have so many positive comments about our property. We strive for excellence and it is nice when we see results such as yours. We look forward to seeing you again.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I must say me and my wife were impressed, The hotel was very clean, the room was very nice and breakfast at the restaurant was delicious, we ordered from the menu. however they do have a buffet.There is also a firepit and They have little cabanas that connect to the pool, sauna, gym and jacuzzi. I must great place for a getaway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your comments. it is always a pleasure knowing when we have done well to service our guests in a positive way. Your comments will be shared with all staff members.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is our 3rd year in a row staying there. Love how close is to Siesta Key and St. Armand. Price is great. Unfortunately this time was not perfect like previous stays. Bathroom sink was clogged so we reported it right away that afternoon when we checked in. Next day went to Front Desk and reported it again. The night before our check out I went downstairs to ask for a late check out and mentioned how the sink was never fixed. The maintenance guy was next to the front desk clerk to which he replied why didn't you say something sooner...to which I replied I did! The front desk clerk did not even write it down. Also, we didn't go to the pool this time due to the fact that it was looking a bit green and dirty. Sad to see that they are starting to overlook details like that. Room was clean though.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to post them. I apologize that your sink was not taken care of when you had reported it. I will pass this on to our front desk staff as well as Maintenance Department. We strive for excellence and obviously failed to make the situation right. If you have a moment to send me an email as to what day you stayed and room number if you remember, it will help me make the proper corrections and understand what staff members were working at the time. We appreciate your comments very much and will continue to provide excellent service.

South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is our 3rd time staying here in 2 years. The location is great, rooms are spacious and impeccable, very new accommodations and wonderful staff. All three times I have stayed, I have had the same gripes - 1. the bathroom lighting NEEDS to be better & 2. they NEED more luggage carts. Even the front desk has acknowledged this issue. This is the only reason I did not give them 5 stars. This time we stayed in a whirlpool king - which was awesome - BUT the window behind the whirlpool has no black out curtains so napping is a challenge during the day and so is sleeping in. Just a helpful tip.

Room Tip: This time we stayed in a whirlpool king - which was awesome - BUT the window behind the whirlpool ha...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are researching was to improve the lighting. the special lighting comes on gradually. I admit the instant lighting on some bathrooms with the standard 4 bulbs is great but they would not fit our decorating pattern. We will keep this mind for future reference. We have two luggage carts and on busy weekends, they do get used a lot and they are not always returned to the lobby area. We will keep that in mind for the future as well. I will take a look at the window in the whirlpool rooms. great suggestions and they are well taken.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Dennis l. Patrick, General Manager
Niagara Falls, New York, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family and I recently enjoyed a wonderful stay at the Holiday Inn Sarasota-Airport. The hotel was lovely and the rooms were beautiful, but the staff is what made our stay the most enjoyable. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating. One waitress, Tracy, went over and above to make sure we had everything we needed, including several suggestions on where to go and what to see. We dined several times in the hotel restaurant so she got to know us very well. We looked forward to seeing her every morning. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We take a lot of pride in our level of service and quality of the rooms and property. On an average, most guests will only comment if they have a complaint so it is always a pleasure to hear the good comments on our property. We average only a 2% negative results which is extremely high for any hotel. I will pass your comments on to the staff as well a personal thank you to Tracy for making your stay more appreciative.

Thank you again and my heartfelt "thank you" for your comments.

Dennis l. patrick

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport? Share your experiences!