“Florida Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Yuma, Arizona
“Florida Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The hotel is updated and very clean. It has a restaurant and is nice as well. All the staff was super friendly and willing to give advice on where we could go and what we should visit while we were there. I would definitely stay there again on any future visit to Sarasota

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I share all comments with the staff and it is enlightening that we have so many positive comments about our property. We strive for excellence and it is nice when we see results such as yours. We look forward to seeing you again.

Dennis L. Patrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I must say me and my wife were impressed, The hotel was very clean, the room was very nice and breakfast at the restaurant was delicious, we ordered from the menu. however they do have a buffet.There is also a firepit and They have little cabanas that connect to the pool, sauna, gym and jacuzzi. I must great place for a getaway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your comments. it is always a pleasure knowing when we have done well to service our guests in a positive way. Your comments will be shared with all staff members.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is our 3rd year in a row staying there. Love how close is to Siesta Key and St. Armand. Price is great. Unfortunately this time was not perfect like previous stays. Bathroom sink was clogged so we reported it right away that afternoon when we checked in. Next day went to Front Desk and reported it again. The night before our check out I went downstairs to ask for a late check out and mentioned how the sink was never fixed. The maintenance guy was next to the front desk clerk to which he replied why didn't you say something sooner...to which I replied I did! The front desk clerk did not even write it down. Also, we didn't go to the pool this time due to the fact that it was looking a bit green and dirty. Sad to see that they are starting to overlook details like that. Room was clean though.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to post them. I apologize that your sink was not taken care of when you had reported it. I will pass this on to our front desk staff as well as Maintenance Department. We strive for excellence and obviously failed to make the situation right. If you have a moment to send me an email as to what day you stayed and room number if you remember, it will help me make the proper corrections and understand what staff members were working at the time. We appreciate your comments very much and will continue to provide excellent service.

South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is our 3rd time staying here in 2 years. The location is great, rooms are spacious and impeccable, very new accommodations and wonderful staff. All three times I have stayed, I have had the same gripes - 1. the bathroom lighting NEEDS to be better & 2. they NEED more luggage carts. Even the front desk has acknowledged this issue. This is the only reason I did not give them 5 stars. This time we stayed in a whirlpool king - which was awesome - BUT the window behind the whirlpool has no black out curtains so napping is a challenge during the day and so is sleeping in. Just a helpful tip.

Room Tip: This time we stayed in a whirlpool king - which was awesome - BUT the window behind the whirlpool ha...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are researching was to improve the lighting. the special lighting comes on gradually. I admit the instant lighting on some bathrooms with the standard 4 bulbs is great but they would not fit our decorating pattern. We will keep this mind for future reference. We have two luggage carts and on busy weekends, they do get used a lot and they are not always returned to the lobby area. We will keep that in mind for the future as well. I will take a look at the window in the whirlpool rooms. great suggestions and they are well taken.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Dennis l. Patrick, General Manager
Niagara Falls, New York, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family and I recently enjoyed a wonderful stay at the Holiday Inn Sarasota-Airport. The hotel was lovely and the rooms were beautiful, but the staff is what made our stay the most enjoyable. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating. One waitress, Tracy, went over and above to make sure we had everything we needed, including several suggestions on where to go and what to see. We dined several times in the hotel restaurant so she got to know us very well. We looked forward to seeing her every morning. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We take a lot of pride in our level of service and quality of the rooms and property. On an average, most guests will only comment if they have a complaint so it is always a pleasure to hear the good comments on our property. We average only a 2% negative results which is extremely high for any hotel. I will pass your comments on to the staff as well a personal thank you to Tracy for making your stay more appreciative.

Thank you again and my heartfelt "thank you" for your comments.

Dennis l. patrick
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The room was very clean. Helpful staff. Andrew at front desk very helpful. The rates we're good too.It was nice to find a hotel that has old fashion customer service.It makes a good get away. Worth the stop

Green Features: The hotel is very environment friendly and has customers do the same. Tip card in all rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We are pleased that you had an exciting and relaxing stay. I will share your comments with the staff and personally thank the individual employee named. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

Thank you again for your comments.

Dennis l. patrick
colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We chose this hotel because of the proximity to my in-laws house. It seemed like a decent hotel until this unfortunate incident occurred. My two boys (ages 16 and 15) ordered room service. Upon eating his chicken fingers one of my son's discovered a dead cricket underneath the lettuce. He called the kitchen and they thought he was joking and replied to him " Would you like us to come catch the cricket?" Obviously not taking my son seriously and mocking him. My son then called the front desk and they said they would send someone up. About 30 minutes go by with no response to us. We then carried the plate with the dead cricket down to the front desk and asked for the kitchen manager. He had been eating dinner and was obviously annoyed that we had interrupted him. He was quite defensive and said he thought my son was joking about the whole thing because "he didn't seem very upset." He got very defensive and said that nothing like that would ever come out of his kitchen. Needless to say, I was appalled with his argumentative response. He never once apologized to us and treated us like it was our fault. I was getting angry and decided to walk away and talk to the General Manager who of course was not available until the following day. I met with Dennis (the GM) and upon our introduction he said, " Oh yeah, you're the cricket people." Really? He then proceeds to blame it on their food supplier and the cricket probably came in with the lettuce. At that point, I said what most concerns me is the reaction from the kitchen manager. Dennis actually then said to me, "Well, I know it's not an excuse but the kitchen manager is from New York which might explain his behavior." Wow...Again, no apology, no offer of anything. I explained we were from CO and would be coming back periodically because my father in law is now with hospice. You'd think the GM would offer us at least a free night when we are back in town, but no, he just gave me his business card. Horrible, horrible customer service. Please do not stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
My sincere apologies if you have misunderstood out intentions. While I was trying to explain the process of this has all happened, I obviously failed to read how upset you were. I was not making light of the subject but explaining how this may have happened. As explained during our conversation, we just experienced a full hotel of kids running around and making phone calls playing jokes on everyone, it was unfortunately a residual effect when this incident happened. I did contact the food company as i said I had to mention about the kale lettuce as a precaution to others, again, it was an explanation of the process, not necessarily blaming someone else. It was probably my mistake when I gave you my card asking you to call me when you decided to come back to the area in the future. It was to see if I could reciprocate in any manner but I would first need to contact ownership to see what i would be able to do. The evening supervisor intention were meant to be good as well. Thank you for your business, we apologize for the incident and again, please feel free to contact me if you decide to come to the area again. As you can see from our previous reviews, we operate at a 92% satisfaction rate, I am sorry we fell short in our goals during your visit.

Dennis L. Patrick

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport? Share your experiences!