“What a change from the year before!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Augustine, Florida
“What a change from the year before!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

First of all, I don't usually take the time to write reviews. However, after the change that I have seen in this hotel, I felt that I should write something.I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the last few years. Not because I really wanted to, but out of necessity . The last time that I stayed there in 2013 I told myself that it was the last time. The staff was slow, non caring. The food in the restaurant was not very good. Again, I had to stay here the beginning of April 2014 and boy was I surprised!!!

The hotel seemed to have had a staff make over! Everyone was smiling, my room was so clean, and the food in the restaurant was better!!

I am a very observant person(which is part of my job) so I just sat and watched one morning to see if I could tell what was the cause of the change.

I can tell you in one word! Involvement! I watched the Manager (which at first I thought was the owner) in one hour make contact with the housekeeping, lounge staff, restaurant staff and front desk staff! What I witnessed was a Manager giving direction to his staff in a professional non-demeaning way. As a result the staff member responded to his direction with respect.

I only hope as a manager , I have that effect on my staff.

I can see why this hotel has improved. I am glad that Holiday Inn has hired such a caring Manager.

The rooms are clean, the meals are good and the staff is very friendly!

I will definitely make sure that my company schedules me to stay at this hotel on my next trip!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for your kind and considerate comments. After 34 years in the hotel industry, it is still such a thrill to read comments such as yours. You have made me day all week long. We, as a team take great pride in what is being accomplished and how we are moving forward. It is guests such as you that make us realize what a privilege it is to work in this industry.

Dennis l. Patrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I checked into this hotel for a 3 day stay and was amazed at the cleanliness of the hotel and the politeness of the staff. They catered to my every need and went out of their way to make my stay a very pleasant one. No matter where I went in the hotel from the indoor pool, to the dining room, to the lounge area and into the lobby, the atmosphere of the hotel was calm with a sense of serenity everywhere. From the vending machines properly stocked to the convenience of finding a luggage cart or ice machine when needed, I wanted for nothing. My room was beautifully decorated and was sparkling cleaned. Every employee that I met from the desk clerk to the maid to the restaurant and lounge staff was very friendly and willing to answer any questions I had. The food in the restaurant and the snacks I ordered in the bar at 3pm were spot on and delicious. My congratulations to the hotel manager that runs this hotel for running a flawless hotel. I look forward to my next stay there and am already planning it. This will be a hotel I go to not only when I am in the Sarasota area but the St Petersburg and surrounding cities as well. This hotel is next to the International hotel but I will tell you, unless I was outdoors I never heard an airplane at all. I highly recommend this hotel and when you walk into the front door you will be blown away with the décor. This hotel is absolutely beautiful. Falls right up in the décor of any hotel in Las Vegas or any large city. 5 stars for cleanliness

Room Tip: This hotel has a room with a jacuzzi in the room.......Try to get that room , it also has a small re...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments. Occasionally, we may miss something we strive to produce when it comes to customer service. it sounds like we were running on all cylinders during your visit. Again, this is what we strive for. We love our customers and try to make everyone's stay memorable.

Thank your for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here the first weekend in May, with a large lacrosse group. When I checked in, I did complain about how loud the hotel was. The first night, the noise went on until close to 2 AM.

The second night was a huge improvement. I was told the next morning, that the manager cleared the lobby at 11pm.

My room overlooked the lobby, and when my a/c was running it blocked out the echoing from the regular noise. Everyone in the group that had a room down one of the halls, never complained about noise.

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable.. And for the a/c, it was my favorite old-school type..allowing me the ability to freeze through the night, if I really wanted to..can I get an Amen?

My rate for this hotel included breakfast, even though I didn't try it... I was told by my picky eater that it was good (when she went to carb up for the day).

If you decide to stay here, you may want to pick up some food/snacks for the room...since there really isn't anything super close by. In my room I had a mini fridge, but no microwave.

This is a hotel I'd come back to.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I am happy you enjoyed your stay. The noise factor can get loud with some of the sports groups we cater too. Unfortunately, supervision of the groups are handled by their own supervisors. Overall, most groups are watched closely. You can always feel the excitement in the air during playoffs with these young adults. We curtail lounge and restaurant at 11 p.m. sharp so during those peak times, it tends to get quiet around then when we have kids here.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and give us feedback. We enjoyed your company.

New Hope, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

This hotel is very clean and the staff is nice. Good value. Really nice and clean indoor pool and jacuzzi. At night we hung out at the fire pit. Breakfast was also good...Will stay here every time I'm in the area!

• Stayed May 2014
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I will be sure to pass it on to the staff. It is comments such as yours that makes it enjoyable working here.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Kudos to the manager, Dylan and staff at this awesome Holiday Inn in Sarasota!
I travel in my business and am a Priority Club Platinum member and by far this property was the best I have ever stayed at in the thirteen years of my travel. I was in town attending a wedding and the four nights during our stay I was so impressed at not only how attentive the staff was in addressing all my and the party I was with our needs but the décor in the hotel. The colors and theme is of a bright display throughout the complex and by far as clean not only in the lobby and restaurant areas but our room as well. Spotless!
A special thanks again to Dylan who made our entire wedding party extremely pleased with their stay and also to Tracey who was so delightful every morning when we all came down to breakfast to make sure we had everything we needed to make our meal special.
If looking for a hotel in the Sarasota area this property is beyond stellar! Make your reservation here as you will sure enjoy your stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
It was a pleasure having your group at our Holiday Inn. I would have to agree about the professionalism displayed by all staff members. It is a pleasure to work with this staff. Although sometimes you just can't please everyone, we strive for perfection every day. thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Our youth rowing team stayed at this hotel for a regional regatta in May 2014. Everything was seamless starting with the reservations for 80+ people with different arrival times, room needs, etc. Cecilia Maddi, sales manager, did an excellent job coordinating all of our reservations, a banquet for the team the night of arrival and breakfast accommodations. The hotel is very nice, clean and conveniently located. Our team travels 6-8 times/year for regattas around the southeast and we will definitely choose this hotel the next time we're in Sarasota!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. Your comments are well accepted and I will be happy to share them with the staff. It was a pleasure having your group here as well as accommodating your dining needs. Cecilia does an excellent job as well and i appreciate your comments about her as well.

We look forward to seeing you and your groups in the future.

Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We thought at first that the price was more than we were hoping to pay and would have liked a more splashy sign to identify it (the Convention Center sign was more predominant than the Holiday Inn sign) but the interior design of this hotel is stunning, both in the lobby and in the rooms! We were very comfortable for our overnight stay to visit our daughter and were very pleased with the cleanliness, spiffiness and quietness of our room on the sixth floor.

• Stayed May 2014
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments and taking the time to share it with others. I am glad you had a great time. The owner spent a considerable amount of time and thought on the decorations and colors. I feel they are the best in the business and it was my first compliment i paid to them coming on property.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Dennis L. Patrick, General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport? Share your experiences!