“Very Clean With Great Indoor Pool” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Very Clean With Great Indoor Pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

This hotel is very clean and the staff is nice. Good value. Really nice and clean indoor pool and jacuzzi. At night we hung out at the fire pit. Breakfast was also good...Will stay here every time I'm in the area!

• Stayed May 2014
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I will be sure to pass it on to the staff. It is comments such as yours that makes it enjoyable working here.

Dennis L. Patrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Kudos to the manager, Dylan and staff at this awesome Holiday Inn in Sarasota!
I travel in my business and am a Priority Club Platinum member and by far this property was the best I have ever stayed at in the thirteen years of my travel. I was in town attending a wedding and the four nights during our stay I was so impressed at not only how attentive the staff was in addressing all my and the party I was with our needs but the décor in the hotel. The colors and theme is of a bright display throughout the complex and by far as clean not only in the lobby and restaurant areas but our room as well. Spotless!
A special thanks again to Dylan who made our entire wedding party extremely pleased with their stay and also to Tracey who was so delightful every morning when we all came down to breakfast to make sure we had everything we needed to make our meal special.
If looking for a hotel in the Sarasota area this property is beyond stellar! Make your reservation here as you will sure enjoy your stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
It was a pleasure having your group at our Holiday Inn. I would have to agree about the professionalism displayed by all staff members. It is a pleasure to work with this staff. Although sometimes you just can't please everyone, we strive for perfection every day. thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Our youth rowing team stayed at this hotel for a regional regatta in May 2014. Everything was seamless starting with the reservations for 80+ people with different arrival times, room needs, etc. Cecilia Maddi, sales manager, did an excellent job coordinating all of our reservations, a banquet for the team the night of arrival and breakfast accommodations. The hotel is very nice, clean and conveniently located. Our team travels 6-8 times/year for regattas around the southeast and we will definitely choose this hotel the next time we're in Sarasota!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. Your comments are well accepted and I will be happy to share them with the staff. It was a pleasure having your group here as well as accommodating your dining needs. Cecilia does an excellent job as well and i appreciate your comments about her as well.

We look forward to seeing you and your groups in the future.

Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We thought at first that the price was more than we were hoping to pay and would have liked a more splashy sign to identify it (the Convention Center sign was more predominant than the Holiday Inn sign) but the interior design of this hotel is stunning, both in the lobby and in the rooms! We were very comfortable for our overnight stay to visit our daughter and were very pleased with the cleanliness, spiffiness and quietness of our room on the sixth floor.

• Stayed May 2014
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments and taking the time to share it with others. I am glad you had a great time. The owner spent a considerable amount of time and thought on the decorations and colors. I feel they are the best in the business and it was my first compliment i paid to them coming on property.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Dennis L. Patrick, General Manager
Deland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at your hotel one weekend in april. After being home and planning another trip up north this time we have once again decided to stay at holiday inn because of the great service we receive. Back to your hotel. It is one of the nicest holiday inns we have stayed at. The decor was amazing. The cleaniness was superb! The staff was wonderful which after speaking to your manager I can see why. He obviously expects your guest to be treated like family... on sunday before leaving we enjoyed breakfast in your dining room. We asked to speak to the manager as to relay our satisfaction of our stay. Our waiter told us the manager was cooking at that time but would tell him. The fact that he was cooking we didnt expect for him to come talk to us. Obviously he jumps in where needed.But to our surprise he came out before we were done eating. He introduced hisself as Dennis Patrick. The fact that he took the time to come out from kitchen (cooking) to greet us speaks volumes. He was very friendly and took the time for a brief visit asking about our trip. Which impressed us even more. The fact that he obviously had an interest. We told him that we stay almost at nothing but holiday inns and these one is in the the top 5. I definetly starts at the manager who sets the example for your company . Cudos to you Holiday inn and your management Dennis Patrick and staff! P.s. hopefully the next time we travel thru the weather will be nice enough to enjoy the cabanas!

• Stayed April 2014
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to express your compliments. It's encouraging when our guests compliment us they way you do. I stress to all staff about customer service. Although we may fail at times to reach that perfect level, we usually are running at about 100% efficiency. I cannot thank you enough for being so straight forward.

I do remember meeting you and your husband. It was a tough day for sure but again, we in the industry do what we have to do to make things right.

It was my pleasure meeting the two of you. Thank you for visiting us again and be sure to ask for me on your next trip to Sarasota.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a great hotel! We were there with a large group and they were very accommodating to us. The rooms were nice and clean. A lot of comments on the pillows being small and uncomfortable. Cecillia, Mark and Sam were especially great!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. I will share them with the staff. We are presently all new pillows throughout the hotel. I am sure you will find the new ones comfortable as it gives choices for comfort.

Dennis l. Patrick
Valrico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have previously stayed at this hotel and left a great review regarding the hotel and customer service. So when our AC went out, we chose to take the whole family here so we wouldn't be miserable in a very hot house. Samantha was great at check in and we were even able to get 2 kids suites with bunk beds as we have 6 wonderful blessings (plus got 2 cribs). One room was fine. The other room's batteries needed to be changed in the smoke detector and they beeped every 24 seconds all night long. My husband called the front desk and spoke with Samantha just after 10 when they finished swimming and noticed it. She said she would have someone up as soon as the driver returned. 1.5 hours later, he finally sent more kids to my room across the hall. They never came and replaced the battery. This morning at check-out when I brought it up to Jesus he said sorry, but I can't give you your sleep back. No but you could have done something. So paid for 2 rooms, but didn't stay in one very long. Very sad and disappointed. Evidently the hotel is only as good as the customer service staff. I don't understand why a battery couldn't get replaced in a timely manner or why they couldn't take something off the bill.

Room Tip: Higher floors off atrium have less noise.