“Loved the ambiance!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Vero Beach, Florida
“Loved the ambiance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We thought at first that the price was more than we were hoping to pay and would have liked a more splashy sign to identify it (the Convention Center sign was more predominant than the Holiday Inn sign) but the interior design of this hotel is stunning, both in the lobby and in the rooms! We were very comfortable for our overnight stay to visit our daughter and were very pleased with the cleanliness, spiffiness and quietness of our room on the sixth floor.

• Stayed May 2014
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments and taking the time to share it with others. I am glad you had a great time. The owner spent a considerable amount of time and thought on the decorations and colors. I feel they are the best in the business and it was my first compliment i paid to them coming on property.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Dennis L. Patrick, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Deland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at your hotel one weekend in april. After being home and planning another trip up north this time we have once again decided to stay at holiday inn because of the great service we receive. Back to your hotel. It is one of the nicest holiday inns we have stayed at. The decor was amazing. The cleaniness was superb! The staff was wonderful which after speaking to your manager I can see why. He obviously expects your guest to be treated like family... on sunday before leaving we enjoyed breakfast in your dining room. We asked to speak to the manager as to relay our satisfaction of our stay. Our waiter told us the manager was cooking at that time but would tell him. The fact that he was cooking we didnt expect for him to come talk to us. Obviously he jumps in where needed.But to our surprise he came out before we were done eating. He introduced hisself as Dennis Patrick. The fact that he took the time to come out from kitchen (cooking) to greet us speaks volumes. He was very friendly and took the time for a brief visit asking about our trip. Which impressed us even more. The fact that he obviously had an interest. We told him that we stay almost at nothing but holiday inns and these one is in the the top 5. I definetly starts at the manager who sets the example for your company . Cudos to you Holiday inn and your management Dennis Patrick and staff! P.s. hopefully the next time we travel thru the weather will be nice enough to enjoy the cabanas!

• Stayed April 2014
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to express your compliments. It's encouraging when our guests compliment us they way you do. I stress to all staff about customer service. Although we may fail at times to reach that perfect level, we usually are running at about 100% efficiency. I cannot thank you enough for being so straight forward.

I do remember meeting you and your husband. It was a tough day for sure but again, we in the industry do what we have to do to make things right.

It was my pleasure meeting the two of you. Thank you for visiting us again and be sure to ask for me on your next trip to Sarasota.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a great hotel! We were there with a large group and they were very accommodating to us. The rooms were nice and clean. A lot of comments on the pillows being small and uncomfortable. Cecillia, Mark and Sam were especially great!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. I will share them with the staff. We are presently all new pillows throughout the hotel. I am sure you will find the new ones comfortable as it gives choices for comfort.

Dennis l. Patrick
Valrico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have previously stayed at this hotel and left a great review regarding the hotel and customer service. So when our AC went out, we chose to take the whole family here so we wouldn't be miserable in a very hot house. Samantha was great at check in and we were even able to get 2 kids suites with bunk beds as we have 6 wonderful blessings (plus got 2 cribs). One room was fine. The other room's batteries needed to be changed in the smoke detector and they beeped every 24 seconds all night long. My husband called the front desk and spoke with Samantha just after 10 when they finished swimming and noticed it. She said she would have someone up as soon as the driver returned. 1.5 hours later, he finally sent more kids to my room across the hall. They never came and replaced the battery. This morning at check-out when I brought it up to Jesus he said sorry, but I can't give you your sleep back. No but you could have done something. So paid for 2 rooms, but didn't stay in one very long. Very sad and disappointed. Evidently the hotel is only as good as the customer service staff. I don't understand why a battery couldn't get replaced in a timely manner or why they couldn't take something off the bill.

Room Tip: Higher floors off atrium have less noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
I am disappointed that your stay was not satisfactory. I will address this with the staff. Please feel free to contact me at d.patrick@hisrq so we can discuss the matter. Lack of quick customer service is not our nature and the issues will be addressed with the appropriate staff members.

Thank you for you compliments towards Samantha. i will pass this along to her as well.

Decatur, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel. I was having a beach wedding and had several people staying at the hotel as well due to it was so close to Lido beach. The day of my wedding it poured literally all day. I was in a panic. Dylan who I had booked the reception through at the hotel he stepped up and rearranged the entire lobby so I could have my wedding at the hotel!!! The staff saved our wedding day. We felt very loved and our wedding was perfect, I forgot all about not being on the beach!!!! Carla you Rock too!!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. When we are in this area we will always stay at this hotel! Jessica

• Stayed April 2014
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Jessica,

You two make a great couple. I was able to see the wedding as well from the Dining Room. I will pass on your comments to Dylan and Carla and the rest of the staff. I am very proud and grateful to work with this staff. We strive to be perfect in every occasion. I am glad we were able to shift the atrium around for your wedding. Quite a few of your guests had passed on to me how pleased they were with everything.

Thank you for taking the time to express your satisfaction.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Chad Spencer has been extremely helpful during my stay here over the past few days. Although I've had a few complications, Chad has gone above and beyond his duty to try to make my every aspect of this stay exceptional. He is an exemplary employee, and Holiday Inn should be proud to have such a quality person working for them.

• Stayed April 2014
thank you for your comments, This response may be posted twice in error. I would agree thaat it does get a little trying when kids are running around, expecially wet and on tile floors. Most of the groups we get here are kept under control from running up and down hallways. We attempt and strive to keep the water from the pool areas maintained but it is a constant 24 vigil. I appreciate your comments and will share them with the staff. We are also looking at our headboards to see if we can make them more secure eliminating some of the noise.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

It is a nice hotel, but the elevator is often wet inside from people coming from the pool. Lots and lots of kids. I have stayed here before. The staff didn't really or wasn't able to do much about the running up and down past the rooms.
That being said, the staff is really nice and I wish they were empowered to ensure the comfort of all their guests. I feel that the sports teams of children should all be in one area since they seem to have a lot of them. Little kids are often loud.
The walls are so thin I could hear my neighbors doing very private things. The headboard repeatedly made noise. It made noise just upon me getting in my own bed. I really think they should look into soundproofing because it was embarrassing.
The rugs look like there have been a lot of wet guests frequenting them.
All in all, the hotel is nice but ask for a quiet room if one exists.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
dennisyellowstone, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I tend to agree that it is frustrating to see the kids running around and quite often loud. However, through the years I have found the scenario the same throughout the United States. The kids are excited and it does get loud at times. On occasion, I have had the pleasure of quiet groups. A lot depends on the supervisors of the groups. All hotels will get these type of groups, it's part of the business. We strive at this location to keep on top of nusances such as water in the elevator from the pool area. We do furnish towels but needless to say there will still be water dripping.

Only on occasion do we hear comments such as thin walls. I apologize for any inconvenience you incurred while staying here. Overall, guest satisfaction is always at its highest at this location.

I want to thank you again for your comments. I share these with the staff and it helps us to strive for perfection.

Dennis L. Patrick

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport? Share your experiences!