“Solid 3-Star hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Longwood, FL
“Solid 3-Star hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice! It was rated as a 3-star on the website we booked through, and I would say it was solidly that!

Bathroom clean, comfortable bed, nice lobby, incredibly friendly staff (particularly the young lady who checked us in). Hotel was well-kept and a pleasant place to stay.

I'm seriously fussy, so here's the negatives:
The hotel was full of kids attending a soccer tournament in town. Because of the layout of the hotel (rooms overlooking an open concept lobby) it was noisy. Might request a hotel down one of the corridors next time.
Some furniture is showing wear - desks and edges of dressers are chipped, the leg fell off my ottoman, but nothing really remarkable. Just something I noticed.
Then, as I was writing this review, I moved the ottoman to fix the leg and found a pair of flip flops under it! Um.....they're not mine? So, questionable vacuuming, maybe. But, overall the room/hotel at least seemed really clean.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Oban, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant hotel!
I will start by saying that I can't remember ever staying in a hotel with better front desk reception service. Mark was the guy on reception during the days of my stay and he could teach them a thing or two at the 5 star hotels I've stayed at. He is a real asset to this hotel, what a breath of fresh air!

The hotel is pretty new by the looks of it and I found it to be very comfortable. The room was very well appointed and I thought the bed was fabulous. The pillows were great! The bathroom was clean and functional, maybe not the fanciest but more than acceptable.

The breakfasts were not overpriced as is often the way in hotels these days. I very much enjoyed the food.

The location of the hotel is a little off the beaten path with not much nearby but this was no problem for me.

My only regret is that they don't have an outside pool.

All in all this was a great stay and I would go out of my way to return in the future.

Thanks to the whole team.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
hisrq-gm, Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Ron and Kristin,
Thank you so much for the great feedback on your stay with us here at The Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport. We are so happy that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. We pride ourselves on our staff, and agree with you on your comments about Mark.
Thank you again, and hope to see you back for another fantastic stay experience.

Regards,
Marshall Williamson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We were back in Sarasota for one night and found the Holiday Inn on Priceline for a good price. We know Sarasota very well but had a difficult time finding this hotel. It is listed as an airport hotel, but it is not in the immediate vicinity, not amongst the group that abut the airport right off University Parkway. This is along the eastern side of the airport in a very commercial area.
We walked into a lovely lobby with a cascading waterfall, a bright and airy atrium and the sound of a happy crowd at the bar. Our room was simple but modern and quiet.
Being a newer hotel, everything still felt fresh. However, the furniture is of very poor quality and the beginning of wear and tear is beginning to show. The bathroom is clean and adequate, although a pre fab vinyl shower stall is more in keeping with a 2 or 2.5 star hotel, not a 3 star. It would have been a better long term plan were the company to have used better furniture and tiled the bathroom. In another year or two, this will need to be redone or lose a star in its ratings. As for now, if the price is right, it is a good option. One suggestion, if you do not like very high, short pillows bring your own. The front desk has many requests for better pillows, but apparently Holiday Inn uses these in every location.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Vanessa D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been traveling for business since the beginning of the year. This hotel by far is the best. The staff here are very friendly and by far the best I have seen. Scott at the front desk has been made me feel like I'm coming back home for a visit. This makes traveling easier considering I am here more than I'm home. Cecilia in sales has gone above and beyond for myself and my co-workers staying here.

The dining is also very good. a very nice surprise for hotel food. The wait staff are very good as well. Especially, Jay, Sandy and Wayne.

I have to say.... good job!

Give this place a try.... you will not be disappointed.

The previous post about the noise level can be an issue if you are a light sleeper. Ask for a room in one of the halls. They are not as loud.

• Stayed August 2013
hisrqgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you so very much for your comments about Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport. We strive very hard to exceed every guest’s expectation and our team is proud that we have succeeded and you enjoyed your stay with us. Jay, Sandy and Wayne are very pleased and excited with your comments. I look forward to serving you in the near future.
Valrico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

For work I have been traveling someplace every week since Feb. The weeks I have spent in Sarastoa have been amazing. Scott (customer service at check-in) has greeted me like I am coming him. Truly happy to see us. He has been courteous, professional and ensuring our needs were met. Marvin was also amazing when needed more blankets or anything else brought up to room, he gave excellent attention.
The food is good but the dining staff of Sandy, Wayne and Jay make this outstanding.
The only downside is that since there is a restaurant, there isn't anything like an apply,banana or some sort of snack to grab on your way out the door in the morning for a snack during the busy work day.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up, down the hallway or on same side as restaurant are quieter then opposing side.
Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your comments about Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport. We strive very hard to exceed every guest’s expectation and our team is proud that we have succeeded and you enjoyed your stay with us. I have forwarded your comments to Marvin, Jay, Sandy and Wayne as well. We look forward to serving you in the near future.
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I wouldn't recommend this hotel for business travelers. The guests were loud - yelling to each other and laughing and carrying on at all hours of the night with no respect for other guests. The way the hotel is set up with an atrium, loud guests in the hallways are heard throughout the hotel. I travel to Sarasota for work quite often and this was the first time staying here. I will not stay here again. I didn't sleep well the entire visit.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Heathbo77,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting Sarasota. The hotel is well furnished with modern decor. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others as well. However, during our stay the hotel was full of some sort of teenage sports teams, and we were positioned right in the middle of them, literally, they were on every side of our room. They kept opening their doors, slamming their doors, yelling in the hallway, and congregating right outside our door, cursing and carrying on. I was initially pretty annoyed because when booking the room my only request was "a quiet room." How "in the middle of a hallway filled with teenage boys" translates to "quiet" I have no idea. We put up with it for one night, and then the next morning we asked to be moved, which they quickly and happily did, I only wished I'd asked sooner. The only other issue was that I'm pretty sure there was a whole family pool crashing. When we went down to the pool, the door that opens with a hotel key was instead propped open with a towel, this was the same set-up for the door that leads to the outside parking lot right off the hallway of the pool. This family kept going out into the parking lot and then back in, never a hotel key in sight. Overall, the quality of the hotel rooms is great and comfortable, I just think the staff/management should monitor these few things to give their guests a better experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your comments about Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport. We strive very hard to exceed every guest’s expectation and our team is proud of their services. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that other guests in the hotel caused by making too much noise during the night hours and would like to invite you back with us with a promise that we will have your room in a very quiet area. Please make your reservations directly through my office and I will personally arrange for this. I look forward to serving you in the near future.
Mohammad Gharavi

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport? Share your experiences!