“Really Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Florida
“Really Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very clean, bright, new and interior appearance of an Embassy Suites. Rooms are very modern, walk in shower - no tub! Nice! Our stay was perfect until the second night when what appeared to be a college men's team was booked into every room in our hall - both sides and across. We were surrounded by what you would expect - loud rooms and halls, slamming doors at all hours. You would expect that management would block a hall for these groups and not have them intermingled with business guests. Other than that the physical appearance of this place is wonderful, large HDTV, AC works great and the staff is very professional

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I brought a group of 30 actors through the hotel and they could not be more helpful. From the cleanliness of the rooms to the comfort of the beds and the decor it was a wonderful experience.

The staff kept the bar and kitchen open late for us after the show and it was one of the smoothest check outs I've had in 4 months. The manager, Dylan, was very professional and pleasant and should we come this way again on tour I will be requesting this hotel to stay at.

Thank you one and all.

• Stayed April 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

What would you think if you booked a bedroom for two and were given a pullout couch instead of a 2nd bed. Bad enough but then front desk informs you that you need to pullout the bed and put the linen on yourself because they dont have anyone to do it for you. Even worse no blanket in the closet. On the positive side, the lounge bartenders were courteous and accomodating even though we came to the bar at closing time.

• Stayed March 2013
hisrqgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am deeply sorry that our hotel fell below your expectations. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. It is our regret that we were unable to execute an exemplary performance in this context. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort it may have caused you. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask myself or any of our team members.

Mohammad Gharavi
Dunwoody, Georgia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is in very good shape. It seems like it is brand new. The lobby is very comfortable and the elevators quick. Check in was also quick and efficient.

My room was spacious with a large HDTV with real high definition channels. HVAC was quiet and worked well. The room was overall very comfortable and even though it is next to the airport I never heard any airplanes during my stay.

The service in the restaurant and bar area is very slow. I was there twice, evening and morning for breakfast and both times were slow. They seemed very confused if you order off the menu for breakfast. I think they expect everyone to belly up to the trough for the buffet but I prefer a smaller portion for breakfast and to relax without having to fight the tourists at the buffet. My breakfast came out one item at a time. Coffee first, then eggs and toast (they don't know what a biscuit is) and then my corned beef hash last after I ate everything else. They did put a pot of coffee on the table and since I had Internet in the restaurant I was happy enough. But you do have to tackle your waiter and fight him for the check.

Internet connectivity in my room was my biggest complaint. I was here on business and really needed email access during my stay. I asked the front desk about it and they said a guy was working on it and it should be better but it never got better from my room. It was so slow i yearned for the speed of a dial up connection from the 1990s. I never could reliably connect my iPad but I was able to get my laptop to connect long enough to get on the VPN for my email. I did discover that I could connect with my iPad from the lobby and restaurant much better than from my room on the 6th floor near the elevator.

Overall this is a nice comfortable hotel but I will stay at other locations if available since I am here for business and need Internet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear W4ATL,

We appreciate your feedback of our hotel. I am happy you found our hotel facilities and room accommodations commendable. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered with the internet and restaurant service received. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We just stayed at this Holiday Inn and what a great hotel regarding the rooms and overall design. The layout of the hotel is very user friendly and the interior reminded me of The Embassy Suites with its large atrium as the center of the building. I was extremely disappointed that the Wi-Fi did not work within the hotel for the four days we were there and we could not use our laptop and iPad. Every day we asked if it would be fixed and the front desk said a wireless technician was working on the problem. Unfortunately, only 2 of the 3 computers in the business center worked (they were hard-wired to the internet) and they were in continuous use so my wife and I had a difficult time connecting to our work computers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Terry W,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We are delighted about your comments regarding the rooms and the overall design of the hotel. However, I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced because of the internet connection. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services we offer to our guests. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
atlanta georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our high school baseball team stayed here for three nights. In my six years of baseball travel this hotel is number one. The hotel breakfast had many options including, eggs bacon, and oatmeal. The hotel lobby was clean,large and provided a nice gathering place. Dylan in group reservations made the check in process seamless. The rooms were large with new furniture.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Schwaz, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

With a large, open atrium and a spacious sized standard room this hotel set new standards for Holiday Inn. Room included a work desk and a two seat sofa with table. Bathroom was stylishly modern and brightly lit with an attractive glassed covered shower. One major shortcoming was the lack of a door bottom sweep / insulator to provide adequate sound insulation. Hallway noise [even voices speaking at normal conversational levels] was clearly evident in the room. On the other hand exterior noise [such as planes at the airport] was negligible. Additionally the room had "negative air pressure", which meant outside hallway air rushed under the door bottom gap into the room.

Hotel had an indoor pool and exercise area and small outside seating areas for both sun lounging and dining. We did not purchase any meals however the sports bar restaurant appeared well attended for dinner.

With the right rate this hotel offers an excellent option for your area stay, especially for early departures and late arrivals at the Sarasota airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the hallway off the atrium for a quieter night - though have earbuds handy just in...