“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I go to Sarasota several times a year for business. This is like no other Holiday Inn you have stayed at, I gave up staying at the Hyatt to stay here. It is clean and comfortable, the rooms are decorated very nice. It offers all the amenities you could ask for and the bonus is the sports bar/cafe. The food is outstanding, I'm not kidding, wow! The only thing I'm not crazy about is their Wi-Fi is not very good.

Room Tip: Only showers in Kings and suites, bathtub with Queen beds only
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hisrqgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and even though the hotel is near the airport, we were never disturbed by planes. Hotel is immaculate and the decor is contemporary. We received a nice welcome as Priority Club members. We look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Berlin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Booked the Holiday Inn by Priceline *** Great value for the money :-)

The design is beautiful with colourful decor and open atrium. The rooms are also very nicely furnished and clean. Enjoyed also the spa especially the Jacuzzi & Pool.

Located a little out of the way but a simple drive to the nice beaches of Siesta Key, Lido Key, Longboat Key and Anna Maria Island.

Good choice, would recommend and would stay there again any time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
M Gharavi
plant city,fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Its a lovely hotel, the decor inside the main entrance area is wonderful. Getting up the elevator really brings out the best with the waterfall. Loved the rooms except there was no microwave. Fridge was there,free laundry and few wi-fi. Staff's is a A++, so nice and friendly. We had this maintenance guy was so efficient, made sure with whatever we wanted.
The hotel is right across the airport but still then its not at all noisy...rather it was nice and quiet. Little secluded, kind of hotel in nowhere, thus nothing in walking distance....will need a car to go around.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hisrqgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so very much for your comments about our hotel, The Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport. We strive very hard to exceed every guest’s expectation and our team is proud that we have succeeded and you enjoyed your stay with us. I have forwarded your comments to our entire staff. Looking forward to serving you in a very near future and please feel free to contact us or book your next reservation thru Holiday Inn Web site. On your next visit please make sure if you are in need of an Microwave to call Myself or the front desk and we will deliver one to your room.
South Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My travel folks booked this place, It turned out to be a nice place to go. It is rigt next to the Airport but I never heard and jets taking off or landing and it was away formthe main drag so I didn't have to fight traffic that much. I really liked how quiet it was. The staff was friendly and I didn't have any problems with my stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your comments about our hotel, The Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport. We strive very hard to exceed every guest’s expectation and our team is proud that we have succeeded and you enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to serving you in a very near future and please feel free to contact us or book your next reservation thru Holiday Inn Web site.
Los Alamitos, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I try not to repeat what everyone else says, but this is a beautiful property. I tend to only write about the terrible hotels I have stayed at, but made sure to review this one as it is such a unique holiday inn and great value. The rooms are clean and contemporary , the beds comfortable, and above all else the staff is exceptional with a few caveats. First off, I am sure all of the front desk staff are great, but I want to especially say that Scott is first class, caring, respectful individual that was a pleasure to speak to. Lisette (sp?) was also extremely friendly and always had a smile on her face when you walked up to the front desk.

Now for the caveat... at times it seems that the restaurant service staff is over-staffed, while the cleaning crew is under-staffed. I was there for over 4 days and there was a candy bar wrapper on the carpet when you walked out of the elevator... it was still there when I left, although it had been kicked around and ground in a bit. The steam room was broken the entire time, and at times the pool area was a bit trashed and could have used some mid-day cleaning. The lawn sprinkler system was always malfunctioning and spraying reclaimed water everywhere, one night it soaked my car and it doesn't exactly smell great. I noticed how hard the cleaning crew was working, I just felt there wasn't enough to effectively clean and repair such a large property each day. All the while I noticed how little the restaurant and at times the front desk staff had to do. They would often be gossiping in groups until there was a guest or something to do. At times I felt like I was interrupting their conversation to ask a question. I especially felt like it was a bit odd when myself and one other couple were eating breakfast and couldn't help but listen to 3 breakfast staff talking about various aspects of fighting a DUI. This doesn't detract from the quality of the rooms, just a very different feel than what I think they are going for.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience and lack of service you recieved at the Sporting News Grill. I will use your thoughts and experience to train our staff to be attentive to each and every guests need. Thank you again for accolades to Scott and Lisset... I have passed this along and commended them on a job well done. Looking forward to serving you in a very near future and please feel free to contact us or book your next reservation thru Holiday Inn Web site.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Beautifully designed hotel with an open atrium up the full height of the hotel. Very nicely furnished in both the common areas and in the rooms. The staff were friendly and helped us find a restaurant of a particular style we were looking for. It was essentially a random find for us using Hotwire but I would certainly look to book it directly (even at a higher cost) the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mohammad Gharavi

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport? Share your experiences!