“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

This hotel was incredible for the price! I stayed here in December before Christmas for 2 days on a government rate. The bathroom had 3 (yes 3!) electrical sockets for both my husband's and my various appliances. The restaurant was incredible - breakfast eggs benedict, dinner pizza and Philly cheesesteaks, and the soup - OMG! The business center was open 24 hours. The fitness equipment was brand new. The decor was contemporary, but not cheap - very good quality! The room was comfortable, and very quiet. It is located practically next to the airport, but it seems like only half a dozen planes take off per day! One downside - no safe in the room and none behind the front desk. But the manager offered to keep our computer in his safe for us. The outside firepits were surrounded by huge couches and relaxing there was nice. Great bar with many tvs. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: rooms facing front parking lot don't hear the planes take off - almost all rooms open out to the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel since Dec 2009. They have maintained the property really well which is new to begin with. The bar is very welcoming and the outside fireplace is a very unique idea. I enjoy the property every time I stay here since it is next door to the Airport and very centrally located.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I suggest staying away from IHG Hotels and their Priority Club. I stayed at this hotel as a result of an promotion I signed up for called "NEXT STAY BONUS". That was supposed to give me extra "points" for this stay. When I discovered that I was not awarded the points as promised, my contacts to the Priority Club member services were met with smugness and total disrespect for me as a long-standing customer. This company is not reputable and should not be in business any longer. I'm now avoiding Holiday Inn and all other brands associated with IHG" hotel group. The worst offender from this customer service was a smug agent named Joan Barredo. She will just brush you off as she represents the standards of IGH.

Room Tip: Find another brand of hotel, and not one owned by IHG.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I unexpectedly needed a room for a night while travelling with my small dog. I frankly had always thought of Holiday Inn as a budget hotel, and I did in fact receive a very reasonable room rate. But both the lobby and the room of THIS hotel is comparable to any four-star hotel. Beautiful, clean, super comfortable. Extremely friendly staff. And very reasonable restaurant prices. A well-lit parking lot made me feel safe walking my dog at night. I was sorry that I could only stay one night!

Room Tip: Because I was travelling with my dog, I was happy to have a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Great hotel, staff were well trained, polite and very helpful with the in-house provided transport a big plus as well.
Room was very clean, well appointed and had plenty of space ( upgraded with Plat. status ), bed and pillows crisp, plump and very comfortable - plenty of towels and great shower.
What I really liked with all the gadgets and things that need power were the numerous 110VAC sockets around the room - nice job.
Bar/food is open till late so my evening arrival was not a problem and only a couple of miles from SRQ airport is a bonus.
Have business in the Sarasota area so will definetly be back and reccomend.

Room Tip: Right on the airport, so watch for plane take-off noise
Palm City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

One word describes this property: WOW! The service, the value, the location, the amenities, the restaurant/bar, it's all fantastic! I was warmly welcomed and given an upgrade (Platinum member) and enjoyed the room (facing runways of the airport) which I enjoyed being a pilot myself. I took a client to the Crab & Fin restaurant and had the best experience in a very long time. I can't wait to go back. You will not regret staying here and enjoying what this property has to offer.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
hisrqgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments, we are very proud of our hotel and staff and happy they have served and exceeded your expectation. Looking forward to serving you having you back with us in future.
Best Regards
Mohammad Gharavi
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

without the crowds, blisters, high prices and, ...wait a minute. Maybe it's a different experience entirely but here's the similarities: lots of safe parking, thoughtful interior design with color/lighting and nifty little surprises, incredible housekeeping done by a Princess (I'm not kidding. Ask around, you'll see) and frustratingly uniform restaurant food. Stop, back up, the restaurant food is frustratingly uniform because it never looked or tasted like hotel restaurant food. Whether enjoyed with the capable, cheery service of the wait staff or snarking down fresh salmon filet with double mashed potatoes in the room; I couldn't get a bad meal. And I tried. I really tried.
This is a new property so it's an opportunity to enjoy furniture and fittings that haven't been treated with glorious traveler abandon. We're talking new ion hair dryers. IN THEIR OWN SPECIAL BLACK BAGS! (It doesn't take much to impress me on some trips.)
The free high-efficiency laundry machines were a welcome bonus and a sinful treat to finish two loads of clothes in 90 minutes versus six hours in Italy.
This is a family-run establishment in the nicest, most professional definition of the term. I've stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in Sarasota, the HGI across from the Airport (for years and years; to see why I don't, read the review), and several other properties in Manatee/Sarasota counties looking for the Holy Grail of Hotels. And I'll tell you what, for my cocoanuts, this Holiday Inn always helps me look on the Bright Side of Life.
And isn't that what travel is supposed to do?

Room Tip: Across from the airport but never heard a thing. For planespotting, ask for a room overlooking the t...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
hisrqgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our facility and staff. We are very proud of Princess; she has been with us since opening two years ago and does a fantastic job for us and a favorite of our guests. Chef Darrel as well is and opening team member and his food is delicious day after day. I will certainly pass your comment and accolades to them. Looking forward to serving you in future.
Best
Mohammad Gharavi

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport? Share your experiences!