“Excellent Value” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

This is my 2nd visit with the hotel, as I was visiting my daughter who is attending New College of Florida. The college has a corporate rate with the hotel and combined with the hotel's amenities and service it is of excellent value!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express in the past only if we couldn't find anything better. Years ago we had a bad experience at this chain and our opinion has been tainted ever since.
This particular trip was a last minute plan and I have to admit, I was nervous about booking with Holiday Inn Sarasota. But after reading several reviews on Trip Advisor I decided to take the chance.
That hotel was wonderful! It was clean and well decorated. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were very comfortable. It's right across the street from the airport but we didn't hear anything in our room. We really had a great stay.
The only thing that might be a negative is that our room was a bit small but it was more than enough room for two people.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

The hotel staff was the friendliest I have ever encountered. They were very helpful with any questions we had. There were only two things we didn't care for. One, the channel selection in the rooms was not children friendly. Two, the restuarant in the hotel was over priced and the food was mediocre. We had dinner there out last night and it was ok. But the breakfast we had the first morning we were there was horrible.

For a place to stay I would stay there again, no problem. But I would not eat at their restuarant again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I got stuck between flights and asked for a decent hotel right next to the airport and one of the girls at the AA counter suggested Sarasota holiday Inn. I was thinking of the regular holiday in and thought ok sure, I am outta here tomorrow. But Wow, this is a very nice modern glass interior hotel, totally new and chic, more like a botique hotel than a regular HI. Staff was great, grabbed some dinner, even the food was a cut above what I expected. Basically a nice surprise across the board..will use the hotel again for sure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We just returned from this hotel today (07/21/11). Our experience was excelent! We went to Sarasota for a 2 nights getaway to celebrate our wedding anniversary. My husband wanted to stay at a hotel right on the beach and by looking at the picture on the web site, I wanted to stay at The Holiday Inn saraosta-Airport, so to make both of us happy, I decided to booked the first night at another hotel (The Helmsley Sandcastle) at the beach and the second one here. The hotel right by Lido Beach (Helmsley) was very old, dingy and outdated. I couldn't sleep that night and was totally grossed out by the room. The next morning we went to Siesta Key Beach and headed in the afternoon to the Holiday Inn Sarasota (about 20 minute drive). I was so happy to get there! The hotel was pretty empty so they checked us in right away. We went straight to the pool and loved it! After spending the day at the beach (and taking to much sun), the indoor pool was perfect. If you are looking to get some sun, there is an area outisde the pool where you can get the perfect tan. Only another couple was there and left about 10 minutes after we got there. I enjoyed very much the steam sauna! Later that night, we went outside the hotel to eat, so I cannot rate the restaurant, although I can say the prices are avarage for a hotel and the ambiance was very nice as well.

After staying in two hotels and comparing them, I will defenetly go back to the Holiday Inn Sarasota-Airport! This hotel was so much cheaper than the one by the beach and you can't even compared them. If you don't mind driving the 15 to 20 minutes to the beach don't waste your money in another hotel just beacuse you want to be right on the beach. Noise was not an issue for me and only heard one airplane taking off while we were at the pool.

If I have to give any constructive criticism, that will be the opportunity to exceed guest's expectations. When we were checking in, I was very excited to be there (after coming from that aweful hotel) and told the front desk lady that I loved the hotel and that I was really happy because we were celebrating our 13y wedding anniversary in the perfect place. Unfortunatly, she didn't even congratulate us, so that was the only thing that was a little dissapointing. Also, they need to include more creamer and sugar in the rooms. Beside these two minor things, it was a perfect stay and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
hisrqgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you for your comments, I am very pleased to hear we have exceeded your expectations at the Holiday Inn Sarasota Airport, we look forward to seeing you and serving you at your next visit. Your suggestions and criticism has been addressed and you are absolutely correct. We are striving to be not just good, but a great hotel that our guest love.
Best regards
Mohammad Gharavi
GM
Enfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I flew in a little before dinner time, and figured I'd have some nice sweet Gulf Shrimp for dinner. I looked at the menu, and shrimp wasn't listed. The Food and Beverage manager heard that I was disappointed. She brought out the chef (yes, a real chef, not just a cook) and he said he had shrimp, he'd make a special for the evening. He actually talked to me about how I'd like them, we talked about it, he said not to worry, come back a little later. He came up with an awesome shrimp dish.
I was there three nights, and didn't even think about eating elsewhere, every dinner was superb. The rest of the staff in the hotel were likewise very attentive to me, and I was very impressed.
It's a beautiful 6 story hotel with an open atrium. The rooms and amenities were great, I couldn't believe that this was Holiday Inn, and not an expensive resort. I wouldn't think about staying anywhere else when in Sarasota.

Room Tip: As all the rooms face outside and not the atrium, they would all be just as quiet.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Mr. Tuchman, thank you for your comments. We are very proud of our employees and management staff and I’m pleased to hear that our chef and food and beverage manager exceeded your expectation. Looking forward to serving you at your next visit. We always appreciate our guests taking time from their busy schedules to share their comments with us.
Best regards
Mohammad Gharavi
GM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

We wound up at this hotel courtesy of priceline, which had been sending us to the Hilton garden inn more recently. This hotel is a great improvement over the old Sarasota Holiday Inn, with a much more contemporary design and ambiance. Front desk staff were very efficient in checking us in and placing us in a quieter part of the hotel (no small thing with a number of groups with teenagers also staying at the same time).
What I liked - value for the money was good, location is central albeit on the back end of the airport, rooms are very well done.
What I didn't care for - bed was not the most comfortable one have experienced in a hotel (courtyard gets that honor), don't care for the pod coffeemakers and HATE indoor pools in sunny FLA!

But overall, a good value and very family friendly.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport? Share your experiences!