“best value, safe and clean” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Certificate of Excellence 2014
canada
“best value, safe and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

I travel to Sarasota regularly (2-3 times a year) I usually stay at the Ritz Carlton because they offer great deals. Since they aren't doing this anymore I had to find another "deal". I rented a cottage for two weeks on Anna Maria island, but needed a few more days elsewhere. Hyatt Place at the airport (you literally drive out of the airport and cross the street at the light and you are there - there aren't any streets to turn at - it's dead on across the intersection) is where I landed. It's safe, very clean, the rates are 2/3's less than the Ritz and the rooms are huge and breakfast, coffee/tea all day are included! I had a very comfortable king bed with five pillows, a shower, a screened off sitting/living area with a large L shaped sofa (I believe one part is a queen bed); another small area with a desk and counter top with coffee machine, small fridge and cupboard. The TV is huge and swivels so you can watch TV in bed or on the large sofa.

The front staff were quiet, and sometimes not noticeably present at the front desk. However, in general all service was very good. The hotel is "green" in that they recycle containers from your room (with your help of course); you can choose to have your bedding and towels changed every three days instead of daily - your room will still be made regardless.

The breakfast is really nice. There is four kinds of fresh fruit - melons and grapefruit; two kinds of juice, two kinds of milk, regular and decaf coffee (Seattle Best); four kinds of toast - bagels, crumpets, whole wheat and white bread; lots of jams/cream cheeses. Cereals - raisin bran, frosted flakes, granola, oatmeal, cheerios. What's not to like about that? You can order a hot breakfast of eggs, bacon etc separately - you have to pay for it.

My room was on the main level - the pool was just outside my window; the airport just across the street - I was not bothered by any noise. Yes, I could hear the planes taking off, but it was not as bad as I thought it might be.

Lido Beach, St Armand's Circle, downtown Sarasota and other touristy places are within a 15 minute drive. Ringling Museum is within walking distance and is free on Mondays.

This hotel is exactly the same as in the pictures. I will be staying here again and again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

I have not always been happy with Hyatt Place since they merged with Amerisuites, but this property is an exception. The Hotel is very convenient to the airport and is clean and spacious. The breakfast selection is extensive for a freebie and the managers social is pretty decent as well. Sarasota is generally a surprising expensive place to stay, but this hyatt place is ussually priced around $100.00. If your in the Bradenton/Sarasota area on biz or pleasure, I would suggest that you try this property.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

My partner & I had our wedding reception here & it was a lot of fun. The hotel is very nice with a Great staff. We had all 55 people that came to our wedding stay at the hotel & everyone enjoyed it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that has an event in Sarasota. The hotel will try to meet all of your needs. All you have to do is ask. I could not have asked for a better place. Keep up the great work Hyatt Place!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

My husband and I needed an airport hotel because of an early flight the next morning. We drove round all the airport hotels, and picked the Hyatt Place because it looked just a bit nicer than the other hotels, which were all of the big box variety.
Well, it was just a pleasure.
Our room was quite spacious, though not huge... but it was so well detailed.
There was a comfortable sitting area with a settee that you just wanted to cosy up on.
The TV could swing from the lounge area to the bedroom.
The bed was so comfortable I really didn't want to go home!
Lots of fat pillows and white sheets.
The bathroom was super clean.
We just wanted a light meal, and went down to the snack bar in the foyer.
Thebig foyer area was cleverly split up into cosy corners and seating places. The front desk curved round to become a snacks bar, and round a bit further it became a bar in the corner.
The snacks bar served an excellent burger, very simple but well cooked, on hot focaccia bread. Glass of wine. Nice little tables.
It was the details in this place that added up to a good experience.
Having stayed here, we would always choose a Hyatt Place rather than other chain hotels. A touch more expensive, but not bad, and worth it for a good night's sleep and the energy to go on travelling.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

A very nice place to stay which is clean, quiet, and has very comfortable beds. I am very picky about cleanliness and the smell of rooms in motels, and this one was extremely clean and smelled clean. The fitness center was top of the line. We did experience an error in our bill (due to my husband hitting rent a movie accidently), but it was corrected for us.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, VT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

We stayed for 2 nights and would have extended for another 10 days were it not for the room air conditioning units. Room layout is such that bed is about 3 feet from A/C unit, which was extraordinarily loud...very effective in cooling, but so loud that it was impossible for us to get a good night's sleep. Before checking out, I confirmed with hotel reception that all rooms are the same.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
west palm beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

I tried to stay here, walked in with my son who is thinking of going to Ringling school, THE fronk desk was off in the breakfast area,waited 5 minutes,asked if they had rooms,I was told yes,we do. I asked to see a room since I had never stayed at a hyatt place and was told that I would be escorted to a room .So what they do not trust me? I asked for price and was told 124. I asked if that the best they could do and was told YES. I asked them if they knew of any hotels in the area that were cheaper, and was told -we do not know you have to check around . Iwalked out of the hotel,will never stay there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
HPSarasota, General Manager at Hyatt Place Sarasota / Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, October 6, 2009
We apologize that the guest was inconvenienced by our offer to give them a personal tour of the property. While we typically do not provide rates for our competitors we will follow up with our gallery hosts to ensure they can direct our guests to alternate accommodations.

Been to Hyatt Place Sarasota / Bradenton Airport? Share your experiences!