“A Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sarasota Sands

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sarasota
Sarasota Sands
Save Saved
You added Sarasota Sands to your Saves list
2150 Benjamin Franklin Drive, Sarasota, FL 34236   |
Nashville, Tennessee
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My in-laws had a timeshare unit at Sarasota Sands and my husband and I ended up going here one year when they were unable to go. Since then, I've completely fallen in love with the resort. It's older and a little smaller than the newer resorts, but it is so full of charm that it really doesn't matter. In fact, the smaller size it's part of its charm. Even though the resort is older, it is well maintained and clean (and I'm a cleanaholic). The beach is the best I've ever been to and it's so nice not to have a ton of people crowded all around you. Great for shelling and your vacation is actually relaxing. On top of that, you're only a couple minutes' drive from the great shopping and dining in Saint Armand's Circle.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Charlevoix, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

My parents have owned two weeks at this resort for almost 15 years! I got to use a week by myself this year and we had a GREAT time! The unit was nice and clean, all the appliances and the AC worked great, and the staff was very pleasant and accommodating. For an older, smaller resort, this one is situated in an ideal location. It is out on the end of Lido Key, with a nature preserve right next to and behind it. The beach is beautiful white sand and it is so close to Sarasota and all the attractions that you'll hardly notice the drive when you leave your unit! Bravo!

Room Tip: Studio units do not include a dishwasher. Ocean side end units include a patio. Rooms on the south s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This beach is awesome. Saw lots of fish, and mantarays. Great beach for relaxing. Sarasota Sands is not the type resort you stay at if your flying in. You need to bring your own chairs, and beach towels. This was a big inconvience. They had lounge chairs throughout the property, but wont allow you to bring them to the beach, saying the salt water messes them up. This is a resort really buy new ones!!!! The chairs they provided were so low to the ground I could barely get out of it!!! And they charge $2 a day. Horrible!!!! They charge you for everything here even the racquets to play tennis. Loved the mirrors in the rooms, and the ice machine. Probably will go to another resort on the Gulf of Mexico.

• Stayed September 2013
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have been owners here for over thirty years. It is an older establishment, but all condos are updated and always clean! The location is the VERY BEST! Our condo is a two bedroom, two bath and screened in porch, which walks right out to the beach.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Firstly, We enjoyed our stay.. We were timeshare "guests" staying in a studio... VERY COZY (small... 300sq feet).. it was nice to have a fridge ,microwave and sink!!

The resort is very very clean and well kept.

The air conditioner was soooo loud that we couldn't wait to get home for a good night sleep. They know about the problem.. and said it can't be fixed!!??

Loved Lido Key and being near St. Armand Circle..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This is an older, recently remodeled condo that is right on the Gulf of Mexico. Refrigerators and stoves or microwaves in all rooms. Unbelievable location!!! Staff is very professional and helpful. Nice pool, hot tub and game room. Washers and dryers available.

• Stayed September 2013
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I just got back from my third stay at this resort!! Older, smaller resort, nothing fancy, but always spotlessly clean, grounds are well cared for, and they are making improvements all the time. I trade in with timeshare points, 2011 & 2012 had two units for a week, was so sad to leave in 2012 that I booked two units for TWO weeks this year! I used to live in Florida so have friends that come & hang out/stay with me. Loved the two weeks, but to continue two units for two weeks, it would take up all my timeshare points, so bought a couple timeshare units this year!! There are people who come back year after year & I'm starting to get to know some of them.

The unit changes for my second week went very smoothly, you don't need to move out of your first unit until the second unit is ready. When it was ready, they gave me a call (on the beach!) and we just came up & moved.

I've visited Timeshare resorts for years now & they are the only place I have ever been in that offers a daily towel exchange, I am not wasteful, but it is nice to be able to get fresh towels (especially when I'm expecting new visitors).

I've always found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my chats with Wendy.

My favorite thing is the BEACH! Just beautiful, they have loungers up near the buildings, but I call Beach Cabana Boys & rent a cabana for my time there. Nice to have a meeting point, great for hiding from the sun/wind & just really comfortable. http://beachcabanaboys.com/ So worth the $$.

The Game Room is fun when my friends with kids are visiting, but good for adults too. Very nice pool and on a rainy night I even went into the jacuzzi for a quiet soak! I liked the little gift shop & would wander over to it every afternoon to get an ice cream bar!

The beach is so beautiful & the location at the end of Lido Key next to the Park is great! My visit goes over Memorial Day weekends, but besides that Sunday & Monday, traffic isn't too bad & they are very diligent keeping cars out of the parking lot that don't belong there. If there is traffic, check out a map of the key, when you cross onto St. Armands Key, don't go around the Circle, make the first left right before the circle onto Washington, then take a left on Boulevard of the Presidents & it will take you all the way down to Ben Franklin, take the left & you will cut out most congestion there.

Some fun restaurants up on St. Armand's Circle, Daiquiri Deck, Blue Dophin for Breakfast & the Columbia for the best Black Bean Soup on the Planet--their Champagne Sangria is amazing too! Drive out Longboat Key & take the right towards Mote Marine to the Salty Dog! Love that place too! Publix out on Longboat Key for any other needs. Dino's delivers Pizza right to your unit.

But there's also grills that we used for the first time this year, portobello-veggie kabobs! For $6 you can buy a bag of charcoal in the Gift Shop & you just light the bag itself. Was really fun, was raining a bit, but we just hid under the tiki umbrella while cooking/eating!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sarasota Sands? Share your experiences!