“Nice.. But the LOUD air conditioners!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sarasota Sands

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sarasota
Sarasota Sands
You added Sarasota Sands to your Saves list
2150 Benjamin Franklin Drive, Sarasota, FL 34236   |
New York City, New York
“Nice.. But the LOUD air conditioners!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Firstly, We enjoyed our stay.. We were timeshare "guests" staying in a studio... VERY COZY (small... 300sq feet).. it was nice to have a fridge ,microwave and sink!!

The resort is very very clean and well kept.

The air conditioner was soooo loud that we couldn't wait to get home for a good night sleep. They know about the problem.. and said it can't be fixed!!??

Loved Lido Key and being near St. Armand Circle..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This is an older, recently remodeled condo that is right on the Gulf of Mexico. Refrigerators and stoves or microwaves in all rooms. Unbelievable location!!! Staff is very professional and helpful. Nice pool, hot tub and game room. Washers and dryers available.

• Stayed September 2013
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I just got back from my third stay at this resort!! Older, smaller resort, nothing fancy, but always spotlessly clean, grounds are well cared for, and they are making improvements all the time. I trade in with timeshare points, 2011 & 2012 had two units for a week, was so sad to leave in 2012 that I booked two units for TWO weeks this year! I used to live in Florida so have friends that come & hang out/stay with me. Loved the two weeks, but to continue two units for two weeks, it would take up all my timeshare points, so bought a couple timeshare units this year!! There are people who come back year after year & I'm starting to get to know some of them.

The unit changes for my second week went very smoothly, you don't need to move out of your first unit until the second unit is ready. When it was ready, they gave me a call (on the beach!) and we just came up & moved.

I've visited Timeshare resorts for years now & they are the only place I have ever been in that offers a daily towel exchange, I am not wasteful, but it is nice to be able to get fresh towels (especially when I'm expecting new visitors).

I've always found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my chats with Wendy.

My favorite thing is the BEACH! Just beautiful, they have loungers up near the buildings, but I call Beach Cabana Boys & rent a cabana for my time there. Nice to have a meeting point, great for hiding from the sun/wind & just really comfortable. http://beachcabanaboys.com/ So worth the $$.

The Game Room is fun when my friends with kids are visiting, but good for adults too. Very nice pool and on a rainy night I even went into the jacuzzi for a quiet soak! I liked the little gift shop & would wander over to it every afternoon to get an ice cream bar!

The beach is so beautiful & the location at the end of Lido Key next to the Park is great! My visit goes over Memorial Day weekends, but besides that Sunday & Monday, traffic isn't too bad & they are very diligent keeping cars out of the parking lot that don't belong there. If there is traffic, check out a map of the key, when you cross onto St. Armands Key, don't go around the Circle, make the first left right before the circle onto Washington, then take a left on Boulevard of the Presidents & it will take you all the way down to Ben Franklin, take the left & you will cut out most congestion there.

Some fun restaurants up on St. Armand's Circle, Daiquiri Deck, Blue Dophin for Breakfast & the Columbia for the best Black Bean Soup on the Planet--their Champagne Sangria is amazing too! Drive out Longboat Key & take the right towards Mote Marine to the Salty Dog! Love that place too! Publix out on Longboat Key for any other needs. Dino's delivers Pizza right to your unit.

But there's also grills that we used for the first time this year, portobello-veggie kabobs! For $6 you can buy a bag of charcoal in the Gift Shop & you just light the bag itself. Was really fun, was raining a bit, but we just hid under the tiki umbrella while cooking/eating!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family has owned at the sands for many years and we recently had a mix up on our dates of ownership. Instead of trying to accomidate us, they offered to let us stay at the full renters rate ($900/week) even though they will still be getting the money we paid for the week that we are missing. They also threatened to call the cops on us for being on their property when we were sitting figuring out our next move. Very rude. Also, they don't do email reservations- it's all done by snail mail and the decor is stuck in 1988. At least the beach makes up for all that.

• Stayed October 2012
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The unit that we stayed in was a last-minute book. So, all we could get was a studio that had a queen bed and a couch. There was a very small kitchenette. The TV was also small (~25 inches) hanging in the corner of the room. It was really too small to see, that far away. And, every time the air conditioner came on, it drowned-out the TV sound. Now . . . the good stuff: The beach was one of the best we've been on. The pool was nice. They have a very nice activities room, a small exercise room and an indoor hot tub and sauna. The resort is at the very south end of Lido Key Beach, so it's very secluded. I did get a chance to see another one-bedroom unit, and it was very nice. A lot of the other guests were timeshare owners and were very friendly. The grounds were well-kept and everything had a fresh coat of paint on it. There are shuffleboard courts, a basketball hoop and several grills that anyone can use. Plenty of chairs by the pool and several right next to the beach. You can also rent cabanas for a daily or weekly fee. The units are well-stocked with kitchen utensils and if they don't have it in the room, you can borrow it from the office. The tennis court was like brand new. All the eating establishments are driving distance. Most of the ones that we went to were on the mainland (only ten minutes drive)..This was a very enjoyable place to stay and all-in-all a great vacation.

Room Tip: The studios are very small, so try to get, at least, a one bedroom unit, even for two people. There...