“Expensive Boat Docking” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Sarasota

You added Ramada Sarasota to your Saves list
Ramada Sarasota
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7150 North Tamimai Trail, Sarasota, FL 34243 (Formerly Sarasota Hotel & Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
25% Off 2-Night Stays
Ranked #35 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Cocoa, FL
“Expensive Boat Docking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Very disappointed in the cost of leaving our boat on the dock. They wanted $50.00 just to park our boat overnight. We've been all over Florida and left our boat at hotel docks all over with no cost. $50.00 is way excessive. Made our weekend much more complicated. Rooms are a little dated but our rooms were clean and well provisioned. Nice firm beds. Can't close the bathroom door without straddling the toilet :-)

Room Tip: Rooms on the far north end are quiet and right on the bay.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
GMRamadaSarasota, Owner at Ramada Sarasota, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Lagboat,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you felt the dockage fees were excessive. We actually charge a slight discount in comparison to our neighbors Sarabay Marina. I am happy thought that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the compliment about our clean rooms.

Navid Kichi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on the 2nd floor, no elevator so I had to carry my luggage up the stairs. Loud music played by young adults right outside my room! Dead roaches in the light in the bathroom, old dirty furniture, old box tv, dirty carpet, tiny bugs on the desk by the door, and when I told the 2 guys at the front desk about my stay they seemed to not care because guess what? They are FULLY AWARE how dirty this hotel is. Only stay here if you plan on drinking at the bar and being up all night!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Kristane U,

I am sorry if your stay was anything less than satisfactory. I am sorry about the guests in the room next to you being loud. If the front desk would have been informed we would have made sure they kept it down. We have very stern noise rules that we follow for the comfort of all guests.

I am very shocked about the cleanliness issues in your room and I will be sure to get with my executive housekeeper about this, as it is completely unacceptable. We strive on have a very clean room and if you read through our previous reviews you will note that most people feel that we do.

I can promise you that this was a one off occurrence and that it will be address immediately.

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The front desk was so helpful and nice at finding us a rental car at the last minute and directions to the beach which was only a 10 minute drive. Tom the manager even made sure that everything was done and personally gave us his number in case we needed anything more. They employees made our trip very nice. The king room on the water was perfect as we were steps from the water and pool area. It was great! Thank you to them all!

Room Tip: ask for a king water view.. these rooms are perfect!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

This place is very dirty, we found dead cockroaches in our room. I woke up with bed bug bites on my neck. Carpet was stained and greasy. Outside smelled like dead animal. We were worried being outside after dark. Don't stay here! We complained about the bugs and they didn't offer a refund or anything. I'll be contacting corporate.

• Stayed July 2014
GMRamadaSarasota, Owner at Ramada Sarasota, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Lindsey W,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and express your opinion. These issues come as a huge shock to me as we hire the #1 pest control company in the country: Ecolab Pest Services. We take pride in having a pest free location and take these types of issues very seriously, which is why we hire the best.

I have had no issue brought to my attention about this incident or any other incident afterwards. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and want you to know that our property was and is still bed bud free.