“If I could make it a ZERO I WOULD” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Sarasota

Save Saved
You added Ramada Sarasota to your Saves list
Ramada Sarasota
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7150 North Tamimai Trail, Sarasota, FL 34243 (Formerly Sarasota Hotel & Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Lutz, Florida
“If I could make it a ZERO I WOULD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We are staying here right now. Unfortunately some idiot decided to blast his stereo on his boat so he could hear it AT THE POOL. The management refuses to do anything about it. They say they have no one available to clean a new room so we could move either. The music is so loud in our room the windows are rattling and I am hanging out in the lobby. I have NEVER heard of such an pathetic excuse for management as this hotel has offered. Shouldn't a paying guest be able to stay in their room for $150/night? Won't be back. They don't offer a solution....except to call the police. DON"T STAY HERE unless you don't care about excessive noise and terrible management.

Room Tip: water front rooms are noisy
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GMRamadaSarasota, General Manager at Ramada Sarasota, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear FunLuvinGal,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I first want to apologize about this issue. Indeed there was someone on a boat blasting music but because they are on the water there is little we can do because we do not own the ocean. The front desk did ask the gentlemen to turn down the music and I believe he did. In regards to us not being able to move you, it was the 4th of July and we were completely sold out. Again I truly do apologize about this issue.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Sarasota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

First room - no AC 2nd room AC wouldn't shut off and the TV reception was awful. Rude front desk to boot

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Deborah,

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry about the A/C issues that you experienced. All of our A/C's do have on and off switches and temperature knobs, but I am sorry that no one was able to show that to you. Please let the front desk know next time and I am sure they will come to your room and show you how the system works.

GM
Herts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We received a very warm welcome when we checked in. We had a king size room overlooking the marina. Fortunately we were well away from the pool and bar, which was quite noisy. There were lots of families with children so the pool was crowded. The room was comfortable and well furnished. It had microwave, fridge and coffee maker. The bathroom had a range of toiletries. A complimentary breakfast is included. This hotel offers good value for money

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool if you want quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MousHerts,

Thank you for your nice review about the Ramada Waterfront Sarasota. I am glad you noticed our high level of service as we all try to offer the best customer service in Sarasota.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Yucaipa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I checked into this hotel on 06.26.14. Once I was in the room I could only take it for about 30 minutes then I started checking other hotels. I checked out of this hotel within 1 hour of being on site. This property is worth about $30.00 per night -

Room Tip: The best tip I can provide to anyone is " don't stay here".
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
GMRamadaSarasota, Owner at Ramada Sarasota, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Kory,

I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please let us know in more detail what the issues were and we will do our best next time to correct them for you.

Owner
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My family and I only needed one night's stay at this Ramada. It was booked sight unseen and we were hoping for a nicer looking hotel and were disappointed to see it looked so dinky. HOWEVER, the room itself was everything we needed. Comfortable beds, nice shower, microwave, refrigerator. It was not brand new looking clean but it was decent enough. The bathroom was barely big enough to turn around in and the hotel was so big and spread out you had to walk a very long distance to get to the Lobby for check in , checkout, breakfast. Rooms can be confusing to find as well. Dean, the front desk person, was very cordial and helpful. We had a waterside view of a small bay. The pool was nice, and deep and one end. It is next to a pub like place to eat called The Bearded Clam, may even be part of the hotel actually, so theres a a big crowd really close to the pool. It wasnt rowdy when we were there but I assume during high season it can get loud and boosey. We paid $83 a night and were hoping for a better looking hotel for that price. In my opinion it was a $49 hotel. $60 tops.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad you enjoyed your one night stay at our hotel. Next time, if you are looking for a more updated room we do offer our "Executive" rooms at a slight price premium which have fully renovated bathrooms, 49" flat panel TV's, and brand new tommy bahama furniture package.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

sincerely,

Owner

Been to Ramada Sarasota? Share your experiences!