“Obstructed View/ Poor Customer Service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 89 Attractions in Sarasota
Type: Theaters, Operas, Symphonies
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A good place for cultural entertainment.
“Obstructed View/ Poor Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

On April 23, 2014 my wife and I went to a performance of Shen Yun. We bought the tickets two months prior to the show and was not told that the seats had an obstructed view of the stage. So, we missed viewing about 20 percent of the production. At intermission, my wife spoke to the box office manager to complain about the seating. He was curt and abrupt. The ushers were more interested in finding a seat for themselves than caring about the paying customers.

Visited April 2014

Sarasota, Florida
24 attraction reviews
“Not a bad seat in the house!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We are season ticket holders and buy a number of other tickets throughout the season!!

You can't beat the pricing or quality of performances!! We go to Tampa to see the first runs of the National Tours. - but love the variety that arrives each year in Sarasota!!

Ushers can be a little over the top - but they are trying to be helpful. Mattison's provides a delightful buffet for those who would like dinner on the premises!!

We are lucky to have this venue in Sarasota!!

Visited April 2014
Michigan
6 attraction reviews
“Poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I am certain that this auditorium attracts top talent and shows. I, however, didn't have the opportunity, nor was I encouraged to see any of them. A rainy week in Sarasota left me and my husband to look for indoor options. We stopped at Van Wezel and were treated with a sense of distain. We were looking for options and recommendations and instead were thrust a brochure. When we asked if we could keep it, we were told no. Options were not offered, explanations not given, except to inform that the current evening's show was sold out. We walked out empty handed and disappointed. So sorry that our inquiry was such a bother to the box office staff. No worries, we won't stop by again. There are other venues in town that will be happy to take our money.

Punta Gorda, Florida
81 attraction reviews
“Great Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I attend performances at the Van Wezel several times each year while we are spending the winter months in Florida. We love the venue. The theatre is not too large so even the seats in the rear are pretty good. Nonetheless we always try to get seats no farther back that row 12. These are in the Golden Circle or just to the left or right of it. Parking is free and just outside the theatre. I think they have about 2500 seats so it is pretty intimate. We fine it is always easy to come and go. I do not think you will be disappointed with the theatre.

Nokomis, Florida, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Not A Bad Seat in the House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We recently saw Jerry Seinfeld and Joan Rivers there and enjoyed it very much. The seats are comfy and the ushers are very helpful. They are prompt with the curtain and the lighting is great! And prices are reasonable for such big names.