“Big but still pleasant venue” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 49 Attractions in Sarasota
Type: Operas, Symphonies, Theaters & Stadiums
More attraction details
Owner description: A good place for cultural entertainment.
St. Petersburg, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Big but still pleasant venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was my first time at the Van Wezel. It is on the waterfront, if you find that a plus for an after concert stroll. The facility was bigger than I expected, and, thus, more walking than planned for. Nevertheless, my mid-rang seat was comfortable, with an unobstructed view and great acoustics.

Staff and volunteers were pleasant, efficient and knowledgeable. Parking is ample and free.

I would love to have a venue like this in my town.

Tampa, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Wonderful place, not a bad seat anywhererer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We went to see Itzhak Perlman and his winter conservatory students. This was my first time being here and I love this venue. It is small enough to not have a bad seat in the place. I would gladly sit up at the back knowing I could still see everything wonderfully. I love that parking is easy and included in your ticket just find your place and your done. They only drawback is since it's smaller there's no center isle so you're climbing over people to get to the middle or getting climbed over if you are near the edges. I would most definitely go there again for any performance!

Florida
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Attended the Mama Mia play and we were all blown away at how professional and entertaining it was! Even though we were in the next to the last row we could all see perfectly. I love going here because the parking is easy. I would love to see it again....that's how good it was! Thank you Van Wezel!

Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Theater”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We have lived in Sarasota for only three months but bought tickets to So You Think You Can Dance, also purchased four Broadway shows & A Christmas Carol. SYTYCD was incredible, one of the most entertaining shows we have ever seen. We are from CT so between Hartford, NYC & Boston we've seen our share of Broadway and many other shows. What talent, if you ever get the chance to see SYTYCD, don't miss it. Never seen a group work so hard and put so much into a show. Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night we saw Mama Mia which I had seen in CT. The show was good, sorry but couldn't give it a great.The high energy factor wasn't there. I felt it never got into the, omg this is great level which it did when I saw it in CT. There were a few cast members that stood out but like I said, it was okay. People should have been leaving the show bursting with song, instead some left before the final moments of the play which are some of the best. It was weak. I'm hoping the other plays we bought tickets to will be better, still a great night out and a pretty good play.

Sarasota, Florida
15 attraction reviews
“Mamma Mia, Mamma Mia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Saw MM at the VW tonite! Even took our 11 year old and his friend. Great cast. Beautiful singing voices. Well done performance.