“Nachos” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Miami, Florida
“Nachos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The Sarasota Brewing is a nice local informal for lunch or dinner. We were immediately acknowledge and seated. The nachos we amazing and could easily shared by 4. Our server was most attentive, with a great attitude. I would definitely return.

Visited November 2013

Sarasota, Florida
“Italian Beef”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

An unexpected visit to the Gulf Gate area for lunch brought me into the SBC. I ordered the Italian Beef and was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. Well flavored beef and some hot giardiniera to add to the sandwich really made this a menu item to have again. I will go back. Decor is a little dated but I can overlook that.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great place to meet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Tbis is a great place to meet friends an family at. The food is always good as is the beers. If some one likes mixed drinks they have them to. The Italian beef is great as is their pizza. As are all the sasandwiches and appetizers.we go as often az we can when we go up to Gulf Gate area.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Wings - Nice Micro-Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Gulf Gate area is proving to be a nice little area to get some good food at reasonable prices. The Sarasota Brewing Company provided good service and quality food. If you're hungry and want to catch the game, you really can't go wrong with this selection

• Visited July 2013
Mussoorie, India
“We returned and returned and returned again, and again and again.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was in Sarasota, FL for a week for some professional development and it became where we began our evenings, so let me tell you why.

First, when I attempted to stop in at Isan Thai on night, they were closed and the cashier at the gas station nearby suggested I try The Sarasota Brewing Company. It was getting late and everything was closing on the main drag, and I went there got 6 wings, which were excellent, a gin and tonic which was very yummy, and when the bill came and it was 8 bucks I thought there had to be a mistake. Nope. Wow, I liked that. My belly was full, I had a tasty drink, and I could drop a 10 spot and scoot.

When I met up with the other professionals I was going to be with for the next week, I suggested we start there. We went down for drinks and got wings to split. I am not a beer drinking, but those that did enjoyed the home brews they had. We did go elsewhere for the main course.

But for the next 5 nights that was the ritual. We would go there, get a couple of drinks, and wings. Two of those nights we did go beyond the wings and got the Fish and Chips and it was done right. Crispy, tasty, flakey, not greasy. We ordered one for the table to split, and then ordered a second for the table to split it was such a hit.

My order of ribs was fall of the bone and tender and the sauce wasn't over power, not too sweet not too tangy and it was a nice serving size.

This is an old time feel wooden bar that feels like a local place, but doesn't feel like you are walking into someplace you aren't welcome, which can be the case with a local establishment at times.

The service staff was young and they weren't polished, but this isn't the place to go for polish but each one was delightful, fun, ready to chat a bit, but not too much and at times felt like they were part of our table.

The prices were right and the drinks were well poured. A perk is that the street it is on has a number of interesting looking places, but we didn't get to visit those because we were so satisfied with SBC, that even after 6 evenings of starting our night there, if we were there for a 7th night, we would have started it there.

• Visited July 2013