“Champion food!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 794 Restaurants in Sarasota
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: When it comes to Southwest Mexican cuisine, there is only one place in Sarasota that creates a one-of-a-kind dining experience that keeps visitors and locals coming back for more. Family owned and operated, El Toro Bravo combines fresh, flavorful food along with honest prices and outstanding service.
Sarasota, Florida
“Champion food!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I went there for my friend's birthday dinner party for the first time.. the food are so champion that I cannot resist their tasty food. I am sure that their food are the best taste than anywhere in Sarasota, Fl. Their couresty of serving us dinner really WOW!!!!!! I wud recommend you, all go there and enjoy relaxing dinner!!!!!! :) Thumbs up!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kanata, ON
“El Toro Bravo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

The food, the beer, the staff and the owner are the best. My favorite is the Relleno Plate but everything on the menu is great

I cannot wait to go back this week

Visited April 2013
Manchester
“Great food, lovely people and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The owner Connie was on the ball, asked us if it was our first time and recommended certain dishes. The steak fajitas were fabulous and good value for money. Connie's husband Reuben actually came out and introduced himself with a complimentary dessert because it was our first time which was a nice touch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newtown, Connecticut
“THE place to enjoy Mexican food in the Sarasota area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I'm traveling in the Sarasota area and decided to enjoy Mexican food, so in asking around and doing a little on line research, I'm told El Toro Bravo, on Stickney Point Road is the very best in the area. Now with all due respect, I've dined in dozens of Mexican restaurants and frankly, there must be a couple hundred of them in this area alone, but to say this is the very best would be difficult.....but I must agree!
El Toro Bravo is a wonderful little place, the service, the meals, the price; all exceptional. I had their Shrimp Fajitas meal with ample fresh components to build 3 generous Fajita's, my guest a Chicken Fajita Salad.
The restaurant is modest in size, and without question very popular with the locals as was very apparent, they strongly recommend reservations and it was easy to see why.. The management is particularly engaging with their customers, Chef Rubin spoke to us briefly when we arrived, determined that it was our first visit, and were offered a free small dessert as a welcoming gift (a photograph is below), and did return to inquire about our meals and invite us back saying that if we returned with other new customers the dessert would be provided to the entire table!
Now I ask you, are superb food, service and personal treatment along with an extensive menu of favorite traditional dishes and a delicately presented desert of deep fried brownie with whipped cream and raspberry drizzle typically found in a Mexican restaurant? It is now at El Toro Bravo in Sarasota!
Although there were a few younger folks dining, I wouldn't describe this restaurant as a classic family place, although I'm certain they would be well received.
This restaurant is absolutely a fine dining experience in a warm casual atmosphere, enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida
“Southwest Mexican!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

After 2 years of living in Sarasota, and in dire need of an authentic Mexican "fix", we finally came upon this great little restaurant. Husband and wife owned and run. Great service. Fabulous food!!! It's become a regular of ours!

Visited February 2014