“My new favorite!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 832 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Dessert
Description: When it comes to Southwest Mexican cuisine, there is only one place in Sarasota that creates a one-of-a-kind dining experience that keeps visitors and locals coming back for more. Family owned and operated, El Toro Bravo combines fresh, flavorful food along with honest prices and outstanding service.
Sarasota, Florida
“My new favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My oldest daughter and I tried El Toro Bravo for the first time this past week while she was home from school for spring break. We loved the food & the service was exceptional! Up until our visit to El Toro Bravo we had a different favorite Mexican restaurant in town, we were drawn by hearing reviews and thought we'd try it out and we're so happy we did! The cinco queso is outta this world! Prices were reasonable and great food and great service, can't beat that!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Horseheads, New York
“Great authentic Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Uncommonly warm and accommodating staff even as friendly Florida goes. The food was wonderful and the service was speedy. The prices were very reasonable. I would recommend this lovely little restaurant without reservation!

sarasota FL
“Consistently good...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My favorite Mexican restaurant in town. Loved everything I have had there. Often they offer birthday specials through Sarasota Sally, too. Last time I had the fajitas, and they were great!

Visited February 2013
Englewood, Florida
“THIS IS ONE PLACE I WILL NEVER TIRE OF DINING AT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Not only is the South Western Mexican flavor authentic, the food is consistently better than any other Mexican place in this area. The owners and servers treat you like family, it's a real pleasure to recommend this fantastic restaurant. I do wish I lived closer, but I will continue to drive the 35 some odd miles to go there once a week. IT'S THAT GOOD!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Englewood, Florida
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I will definitely return to this restaurant. The menu has many choices...I ordered a vegetarian dish. The food was generous, high quality and delicious. The atmosphere is intimate and fun at the same time. The place is spotless. The staff friendly and efficient. First timers are given a complimentary "welcome" dessert...two warm, yummy, bite size brownies with real whipped cream and a raspberry drizzle all formed to appear as a bouquet of flowers.
The friend who brought me here is called "Mama Mia". She's been a regular for a while. The owner and the staff treated her kindly, lovingly and with great respect. This place was a super experience in every way!

• Visited February 2013