We chose to visit Watercolor Inn after quite a bit of research. Our criteria included a quiet stay, an adult only pool, easy access to exceptional dining plus a great beach.
We picked the weekend after Labor Day in hopes of missing some of the crowd. We reserved a room on the 4th floor because of the reviews about the view and yes it was exceptional, however I would not hesitate to stay in one of the ground floor rooms because they have easy access to the beach, a nice patio area plus an outdoor shower. The rooms are spacious and lovely but from what I understand they are all similar so if you don't plan to stay in your room that much then save the extra for a nice dinner. The bed was extremely comfortable and the inn very quiet so we slept exceptionally well. We really enjoyed the open shower and bathroom floor plan and thought it made the accommodations seem even more spacious. The “paint tube” amenities were an enjoyable touch.
The pools are lovely but we especially enjoyed the quiet adult only pool just off the lobby. Towels are provided plus a carafe of citrus infused drinking water.
We ate at Fish Out of Water and the Beach Club grill. The prices are on the higher end but we found the portions to be quite large. I think we could have shared. The food was good but I would not say WOW- but the service was always good. We enjoyed the lobby bar but I will have to agree that the prices for cocktails seem a bit up there, however, one is paying for convenience as well, and there is something to be said for that.
The beach is fabulous! Even though we visited after hurricane Isaac, and the water was not the typical emerald green, it was clear and the beach tidy. We rented chairs for the day, which was very convenient while on the beach and the staff courteous. Making a reservation for the chairs IS a bit of a pain and I feel like they are packed in too close together (we were there during a slow time even). Something others might want to consider.
We used the resort bikes for one day to tour around Watercolor and Seaside, I highly recommend this! (One can easily walk to Seaside within 10 minutes of so.) We also spent some time shopping and eating away from the Inn. Wine World across the street was very good and we also enjoyed Crush.
Watercolor Inn certainly met our criteria and we truly enjoyed our stay. I would have given the property an excellent rating however there were a few maintenance issues we encountered. While the staff was responsive to our requests, these were things that could have been addressed prior to a guest checking in had someone been paying attention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a pristine white-sand beach overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, the AAA Four Diamond WaterColor Inn and Resort provides chic accommodations and acclaimed amenities in idyllic surroundings. From dining on award-winning gourmet cuisine to great golfing and complimentary kayaking, canoeing and tennis, activities abound. Kids also have a special space all their own at Camp WaterColor, which boasts a tremendous program including theater and surfing workshops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Amex, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your WaterColor Inn and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Watercolor Hotel Santa Rosa Beach
- Water Color Hotel
- WaterColor Inn And Resort Florida/Santa Rosa Beach