Between Panama City and Destin is a beautiful beachfront 2 lane road called 30A. Except for a couple of buildings built before the restriction, buildings are limited to no more than 4 stories. This area is called The Resort by people who vacation there. The whole area is beautiful beach cottages and condos with an old-fashioned family beach vacation ambience.
Watercolor Inn is the only oceanfront hotel in this area, and it is only 4 stories high, so you feel like you are staying in an intimate inn rather than a big hotel. Be sure to reserve the 4th story if you want a beautiful ocean and beach view. The decor is beach cottage rather than fancy. For example, each room has a spacious shower with 2 showerheads, but no bathtub. There is no chest of drawers; instead there are baskets in which to put your clothes.
We used to own a beachfront condo on 30A and had to sell when the economy went bad, so we enjoyed our July 4th weekend at Watercolor Inn. It was good to be back.
The fireworks were terrific.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a pristine white-sand beach overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, the AAA Four Diamond WaterColor Inn and Resort provides chic accommodations and acclaimed amenities in idyllic surroundings. From dining on award-winning gourmet cuisine to great golfing and complimentary kayaking, canoeing and tennis, activities abound. Kids also have a special space all their own at Camp WaterColor, which boasts a tremendous program including theater and surfing workshops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo, Venere, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your WaterColor Inn and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Watercolor Hotel Santa Rosa Beach
- Water Color Hotel
- WaterColor Inn And Resort Florida/Santa Rosa Beach