“Find time for dinner here!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Find time for dinner here!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Cafe Tango ........ Reasons why you must find time to have dinner here.

Food is fresh and delicious.  We had dinner here twice this past week and each time I ordered the same thing, it was that good.  I started with the Crab Stuffed Portobello, which was very tasty and smelled so good.  Then I had the Lobster Ravioli, lots of lobster in the ravioli, in addition to shrimp and a large scallop, covered by a pink sauce, this was awesome and fresh, even down to the ravioli.  Didn't have dessert because we were just too full.  My husband had the Seafood Stuffed Piquillos Peppers followed by the Tango Fish (Red Snapper) our first visit and the Spicy Shrimp Scampi followed by the Lobster Ravioli the second time.  Everything was delicious.

The one thing that I noticed was that the dessert menu had no chocolate item on it and since I am a chocoholic I was disappointed, but don't let this stop you from eating here. The service is  great, we did not feel rushed at all.  The wait staff were very attentive to filling both our water and drink glasses.

Cafe Tango does not have a full bar, they serve only wine, but the wine list is very extensive.
Since this restaurant is small, I would not recommend it for little kids.  (The only reason I say this is because of the size of the restaurant.)

Cafe Tango has about 10 tables so I would definitely make a reservation.  At times there are private parties that reserve the whole restaurant, so call ahead and make a reservation and you will have a delicious dinner and a very nice dining experience.

Can't wait to go back.

“Tremendous Taste..With a bitter End”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is an honest review and straight to the point. The food was as good as I've ever put in my mouth. I have nothing bad to say about it. Food was 5 star. The Tall thin dark haired waiter however was a complete tool bag and had the personality of a stump in the ground. When we were done with our meal I left our tip on the table and we went up to pay at the register and he was shuffling through our cash 2 or 3 times and said "Nothing for me?" I said what ? And he said again "Nothing for me guys?" with the look you would expect from an arrogant little punk. I said , it's on the table..and walked out. So my pleasant dining experience was ended with nothing but a sour taste in my mouth and the thought that if I would have known in advance I would have left the tool bag tipless.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Andalusia, AL
“One of the best meals all summer! Expertly prepared fish! Ahhhhh thank you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This was the weekend that Cafe Tango was on our list. We were not disappointed. I had "The Dancing Fish" grouper was the dish of the night pan sautéed topped with shrimp, lump crabmeat, grilled diver scallop and spinach in a jalapeño cream sauce. Omg! Could u just die! So good and not heavy or too rich. Foie gras for my app. with a port wine mango glaze. Like grilled butta! Yum! From beginning to end a fabulous meal! Be sure to make reservations it is small an intimate!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Franklin, TN
“Unbelievably pleasant surprise in a small package.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We passed Cafe Tango one afternoon on our way into Destin. On our way back, we decided to stop in for dinner after reading the reviews. Little did we know you really need a reservation as it is quite small (about 10 tables inside) and the fact it was raining made for even fewer tables since outside seating was out of the question. But they were so incredibly nice & offered us the bar seats, which is only for 2 people. Although right by the door, we felt it was the best seat in the house! They do not really turn over tables. This is a restaurant to linger & enjoy. We felt the service was good even though they were crazy busy. Only 2 waitstaff on duty, and they were hustling.
All of the food was wonderful, from the fresh bread to the housemade salad dressing to the entree. The Tango Fish was to die for & included some of the best garlic mashed potatoes I've had the pleasure to eat. My husband had the Dancing Fish, which was also excellent. I wish I had had room for dessert as I'm sure it would have been as good as the rest.
Prices are on the high side, but was undoubtly worth it. Definitely call for reservations, probably a day or 2 in advance. Be prepared to hang out & be patient. It's worth the wait.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
columbiana, ohio
“WORTH EVERY PENNY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My sister and I ate here 2 Yrs ago and it was FAB, So we were eger to look it up when we visited this area this week. Still FAB, food prep was perfect down to the side dishes. Had Red Snapper with Lump Crab cook perfect and garlic pot. and awsum steam veg. I'ld love just to learn how he makes veg so perfect. Server was friendly and gives you perfect attention. Owner also check on us and chatted with us. Call for reservation he does not ADvertise, this is word of mouth. Small home converted to cafe, there 10 tables in home 3 outside.impressive wine list

• Visited September 2012