“Good Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Houston, TX
“Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We ate at Don Pedros this morning, on our way out of town.

Good breakfast. I had the breakfast burrito with home fries and my son has the breakfast burrito with the chilaquilles

Both were quite good. Very flavorful. I would reccomend this place for breakfast or the Donut Hole (which I hear is quite good). Also, it's on the outskirts of Sandestin so you don't have to fight the traffic

The Home Fries were delicous. Basically just thinly sliced potatoes fried with bell peppers and onions.

Really and truly, we could have shared one breakfast burrito between us. The portions were that large.

To finish it off, we shared a short-stack of chocolate chip pancakes...my son's favorite. These were two huge pancakes, enough for three people to share for desert.

Ooofff I am full..

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Destin, FL
“Delicious Food! Great Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I love Don Pedros. The restaurant is a mom n pop style restaurant in a strip center that serves breakfast and lunch. The food is great and the prices very reasonable! I've eaten there with my family as well as for business lunches.

They make these monster breakfast sandwiches that will leave you stuffed, but my personal favorite is the Huevos Rancheros!

Word of caution that they don't take credit cards, just cash or check (ATM on site). Definitely try Don Pedros when you are in SRB.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Inexpensive, fresh and always tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

This is not a gourmet establishment but it is regular for us when we live at the beach. Food has always been good, reasonably priced and as casual of an atmosphere as you can get.

• Visited May 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indiana
“Great service & value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I was in town on business and wanted a quick meal so I dropped in Don Pedros. I had the Pastor taquitos and they were authentic and tasted great. The added pineapple was a nice touch. The salsa was fresh and delicious as well. I didn't catch the waiter's name, but he was a younger kid, very friendly and attentive. FYI, make sure you have cash because they don't take credit cards although there's an ATM onsite. Not sure why the other reviewers had a bad experience, but I will definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Destin
“Ugh. It's hard to mess up Mexican food but Don Pedro's does it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

I have never in my life had Parmesan cheese in Mexican food. They use a lot of it at Don Pedro's. I mentioned it to the waiter and he shrugged his shoulders. They also use Italian seasoning in their salsa. It's very disconcerting to get Italian flavors in Mexican food. I haven't had their breakfasts, but you would be wise to stick with simple eggs and skip their specialty, Mexican food. It's a shame that the only Mexican restaurant in Santa Rosa Beach sucks.