“Best seafood on 30A” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Bluemont, VA
“Best seafood on 30A”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Holy cow! Best seafood we've had so far on our visit to the 30A area. Don't know what restaurant the person below who mentioned gravy went to, but it certainly wasn't this one. We had calamari, it was very lightly breaded and very good. I had the seafood platter, my wife had the chicken salad, and daughter had grilled shrimp. All very well prepared. My platter was fried, but like the calamari it was lightly breaded. The girls shared a bread pudding for dessert, I had key lime pie. Both excellent! We will be back again before we go home.

Yes, it is in a strip mall, not in Seaside or over at Rosemary Beach. I consider this place a find. Expand your horizons, give it a try.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Huntsville, Alabama
“You must try this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My sister and niece and I drove by this restaurant and googled it on a whim. It definitely doesn't look like much from the outside, so we weren't expecting much. But the reviews calling it a "hidden treasure" were intriguing, so we tried it. Man, we were impressed! We tried several appetizers, and the shrimp dip was outstanding. As was the seafood gumbo. I had the fried seafood platter my first time, and was expecting the same old fried seafood platter I've had elsewhere over the years. I was pleasantly surprised that every single thing was noteworthy! The grouper fillet was the standout, simply marvelous. The batter was lighter than I expected, almost tempura-like. The fried scallops were probably my second favorite. But everything was delicious. Please save room for dessert. Best bread pudding I've ever tasted, and I've had lots of bread pudding! It doesn't have raisins in it, and I liked that, and the texture was perfection: very custardy, moist and warm. We went back a few days later and were disappointed that they only had one bread pudding available, but the creme brulee was a close second in deliciousness. The second time we went we had the baked oyster appetizer, and it was perfection. Amazingly flavorful sauce in the dish. The prices here are super reasonable. Yes, the decor is lacking, and service got spotty when the lunch crowd came in. But the food makes it all worthwhile. Please try it!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
pa
“Enjoyed the entire experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hostess met us at the door and told us about the two meals for one price early bird special. We were hooked. Husband got the shrimp scampi and I got the seafood platter. They allowed us to substitute types of fish, potato etc... they were very accommodating. My grouper was so fresh. Just tasted great, as did my shrimp and scallops. Breading was lightly fried, not overdone. The side vegetables were very tasty as were the new potatoes. My fussy eater daughter loved her chicken fettucini. She remarked that the alfredo sauce was especially tasty and unusual. They allowed her to sub alfredo sauce for marinara sauce. The service was very attentive. Unfortunately, we had no room for dessert. We would definitely come back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Evanston, Illinois, United States
“Execellent seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Not a fussy atmosphere, but fish was excellent. Our entrees were 2 for 1, making the meal inexpensive for the quality. The portions were not too big and I appreciate having vegetables as part of the meal. The desserts were good and not too big. I would return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Destin, Florida
“First time visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

There have been several restaurants in this location and this new restaurant had garnered some very good local reviews. I must say the food was good but not great. Found the prices to be a little high for the quality of the food. Limited number of seats and server had a lot of tables. She was very efficient but mentioned a couple times how busy she was. There are better and more reasonably priced restaurants in the area.

• Visited February 2013