“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Highlands House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Rosa Beach
A Highlands House Bed and Breakfast
4193 West Scenic Highway 30A, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459   |
Pensacola, Florida
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We spent our honeymoon here, and had to come back again! Love the ambiance and the charm. If you want a serene and laid back environment with direct access to a beautiful and uncrowde beach on the Gulf, this is the place for you. The amenities are complete, and Sherry and the staff go above and beyond to ensure all your needs are taken care of. The breakfast part of this Bed & Breakfast is wonderful: Sherry will customize your order just for you, they have just about anything you could want, and if they don't, they can usually get it. The service is great, and I loved being able to sit down and dine "family style" at our own table, and still meet and chat with other guests if desired. Would highly recommend this little getaway!

Room Tip: Recommend a second floor room on the Gulfside - the view from the balcony is great. We spent a lot o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Niceville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Highlands House is truly a wonderful experience. Each room is done in it's own special decor and is very neat and clean and the common areas are also very nice and clean. The outside is very neatly landscaped and very beautiful. The staff are amazing!! Sherry was so awesome!! She was very friendly and helpful, when we had questions about the area she was so helpful and helped us find directions to our destinations since we were not familiar with the area. It was so nice to wake up and have breakfast in the dining room and then walk out to the beach. I Highly Recommend the Highlands House!! I will be back soon!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Wonderful place for an anniversary. Easy to find, property is close to the beach, grounds are well kept, interior is clean and calming, rooms are very nice and the staff is very friendly and professional. My wife and I stayed in the mermaid room, which is on the ground floor, and we absolutely loved it. We didn't have an exterior view with this particular room, but it still was a very nice room (with private bath). Closet space in this room consisted of two small closets that didn't take away from how nice we thought the room was overall. There are other rooms with exterior views depending on availability and customer desires. Michelle will take good care of you when you inquire and book your reservation. Breakfast is good too, with a nice variety. Sherri is POC, and she is very nice too! She will take good of you. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The rooms are all nice (had a tour). It mainly depends on what the customer wants, and availability...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We just returned home yesterday from Highlands House after a three night stay and could have easily stayed seven more if our schedule had allowed!! The service is top notch, so layed back yet professional. The whole Inn has such a "zin" relaxing feel. Our room was so lovely, super clean with great looking decor. You can walk right out onto a beautiful porch right from your room. Easy walk to the beach too! The location is on the quiet end of 30A, not all the traffic, but all the conveniences of great restaurants & little supermarkets. I guess what we enjoyed the most was waking up to the smell of a delicous breakfast & coffee each morning - What a treat! We can't wait to return!! This is a perfect location for reunions and of course, weddings. I give you 5 STARS

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Smyrna, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I just returned home from our Memorial Day weekend in Santa Rosa Beach. The facilities were clean and staff extra friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and they even made special accomodations for my wife. The rooms are not large, nor are the TVs, but we weren't there to stay in the room. Though not on the beach, there is a private boardwalk about 100 yards long, the stretch of beach is ideal! Extremely quiet when compared to 200 yards either way. If you want a quaint, welcoming B&B, this is it, we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We were able to rent the entire facility for a large family reunion. It could not have been more perfect--large gathering areas and multiple tables in the dinig room, functional kitchen for cooking for a crowd, 10 bedrooms each with its own full bathroom, great views of the Gulf, and only steps from the beach.

Although we never met the staff, they were very helpful over the phone, had the house clean and completely ready for us, and had ammenities we needed to make our stay wonderful.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great...just depends on if you require a gulf view, a bigger bathroom, or extra p...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

Hello, I'm so excited to add my review to those already here for A Highland's House in Santa Rosa, Florida. My husband and I have been travelers for nearly 20 years and have stayed at some of the countries most exquisite hotels and have enjoyed wonderful service at most places we've traveled. After having our first child nine years ago, we just added him to our travel plans and he now has a great deal of travel experience and love for the nicer things in life. Now, this last fall we added a beautiful baby boy to our family and immediately realized we would have so much more family expense and so were looking for a special vacation for our family without the usual $400-500 a night room rates we've become accustomed to. I spent hours looking through condos and hotels in the Fort Walton Beach area and became discouraged because all the nice places were in our old price range and if we wanted a second trip this summer, were not right for our budget. I stumbled onto A Highland's House website and immediately fell in love with the house. And by the way, it is almost completely remodeled since I booked in March and traveled in late June. I am a designer and loved the high end bedding (yes, I looked at every room) and the new furniture and decor in the great room. When I booked the room, I had a hundred questions for Cheryl, the Inn Keeper, and she was very patient with me. I even asked her specific questions about unpleasant reviews I read on this site and she explained to me the stories behind the issues. I completely trusted her answers as I spent years in the service industry and can see how a small thing can and will be exaggerated when someone is disgruntled. I'm so glad I did trust her as I found none of the negative remarks during my stay at AHH. Once we arrived, we arrived to a beautiful plantation porch overlooking the water, a quick stroll down the boardwalk to a blue green ocean with white sand, and to the most beautiful room. Each morning we enjoyed a simple and pretty healthy breakfast, although there were several unhealthy choices as well. The entire house was very clean and each of our unusual requests were met with a smile and were met quickly. We played on the beach each day and when we needed dinner or entertainment suggestions, we were never disappointed. We had a wonderful and very memorable time at AHH and absolutely would stay there again and suggest it to our friends. If you have any questions, make the call and have them answered for yourself. For the money, there is no where better to stay in the Panhandle of Florida. Happy Traveling.

• Liked — room, view, ocean, cost, service
  • Disliked — the drive from Texas, very long
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to A Highlands House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!