“Excellent B&B” 4 of 5 stars
Review of A Highlands House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Rosa Beach
A Highlands House Bed and Breakfast
4193 West Scenic Highway 30A, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459   |
Smyrna, Georgia
“Excellent B&B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I just returned home from our Memorial Day weekend in Santa Rosa Beach. The facilities were clean and staff extra friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and they even made special accomodations for my wife. The rooms are not large, nor are the TVs, but we weren't there to stay in the room. Though not on the beach, there is a private boardwalk about 100 yards long, the stretch of beach is ideal! Extremely quiet when compared to 200 yards either way. If you want a quaint, welcoming B&B, this is it, we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We were able to rent the entire facility for a large family reunion. It could not have been more perfect--large gathering areas and multiple tables in the dinig room, functional kitchen for cooking for a crowd, 10 bedrooms each with its own full bathroom, great views of the Gulf, and only steps from the beach.

Although we never met the staff, they were very helpful over the phone, had the house clean and completely ready for us, and had ammenities we needed to make our stay wonderful.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great...just depends on if you require a gulf view, a bigger bathroom, or extra p...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

Hello, I'm so excited to add my review to those already here for A Highland's House in Santa Rosa, Florida. My husband and I have been travelers for nearly 20 years and have stayed at some of the countries most exquisite hotels and have enjoyed wonderful service at most places we've traveled. After having our first child nine years ago, we just added him to our travel plans and he now has a great deal of travel experience and love for the nicer things in life. Now, this last fall we added a beautiful baby boy to our family and immediately realized we would have so much more family expense and so were looking for a special vacation for our family without the usual $400-500 a night room rates we've become accustomed to. I spent hours looking through condos and hotels in the Fort Walton Beach area and became discouraged because all the nice places were in our old price range and if we wanted a second trip this summer, were not right for our budget. I stumbled onto A Highland's House website and immediately fell in love with the house. And by the way, it is almost completely remodeled since I booked in March and traveled in late June. I am a designer and loved the high end bedding (yes, I looked at every room) and the new furniture and decor in the great room. When I booked the room, I had a hundred questions for Cheryl, the Inn Keeper, and she was very patient with me. I even asked her specific questions about unpleasant reviews I read on this site and she explained to me the stories behind the issues. I completely trusted her answers as I spent years in the service industry and can see how a small thing can and will be exaggerated when someone is disgruntled. I'm so glad I did trust her as I found none of the negative remarks during my stay at AHH. Once we arrived, we arrived to a beautiful plantation porch overlooking the water, a quick stroll down the boardwalk to a blue green ocean with white sand, and to the most beautiful room. Each morning we enjoyed a simple and pretty healthy breakfast, although there were several unhealthy choices as well. The entire house was very clean and each of our unusual requests were met with a smile and were met quickly. We played on the beach each day and when we needed dinner or entertainment suggestions, we were never disappointed. We had a wonderful and very memorable time at AHH and absolutely would stay there again and suggest it to our friends. If you have any questions, make the call and have them answered for yourself. For the money, there is no where better to stay in the Panhandle of Florida. Happy Traveling.

• Liked — room, view, ocean, cost, service
  • Disliked — the drive from Texas, very long
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bellingham, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2008

The "A Highlands House" on "30-A" as the area is called is an amazing place and should be visited if you like a beach that is not ruined by condos and hotels. We had a whole family stay there and rented the entire house. Cheryl and Beth (the innkeepers) were extremely helpful and very friendly. They stayed late, got up early and went above and beyond what I think their usual responsibilities should have been. The setting of the hotel is very beautiful with the estuary and boardwalk in the back guarantee there will always be an amazing view. They have a huge back yard that was perfect for the event, a wedding of 300 people, and even allowed us to put up a huge tent to be ready if the perfect weather didn't cooperate, which we didn't need because May in Florida is awesome. The breakfasts were included and delicious. The porches and beaches were great and we enjoyed them daily for 5 days. There are many great restaurants in the area for the other meals. There are tons of pubs, bars and shops to explore. The rooms are very comfortable with their own baths and entrances. I will go back anytime I get the chance. Heck I might even move there! ~Tad (the bride's favorite cousin)

Stayed May 2008
ak.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

excellent facility, superb staff, beautiful rooms,wonderful food-I do not believe any thing could have been any better- if you're looking for a place that can "do it all" look no further!

Stayed April 2008
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

Just returned from this property where we stayed for one night. Overall, it was very nice. The room was somwehat small but comfortable. Bed was very comfortable and it had a nice bathroom. We only had a tiny TV that got exactly 0 channels, but otherwise, no complaints. Breakfast was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Close access to the beach, though many of the rooms do not have a view (extra charge).
I thought the price was a little steep, but I imagine most places in the area run near this price or higher.

• Stayed April 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wonderful Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Highlands House Bed and Breakfast in February 2008. It was an outstanding experience. We have stayed at many other places but we rate this one the best. The room was very neat and clean. The yard and access to the beach was wonderful. Last but not least was the breakfast. It was fantastic. The Manager treated us like royalty. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed February 2008

Been to A Highlands House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!