“Like the rest of the island eateries” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
“Like the rest of the island eateries”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

After eating at several places here, I've determined that my small family of three (mu husband, myself and our 4 year old) cannot eat anywhere for lunch for less than $40, which is absurd when considering the food. I had the haddock basket (12.95), my husband had a hamburger (6.95) (they only sell a cheeseburger and charged $1 for lettuce and tomato), and my daughter had a hot dog kids meal. The kids meal included the price of the drink and came in a cute boat with fries and a toy- another restaurant that understands children. We also ordered a shake ($4.95) and an order of onion rings for two (6.99). The shake was made from Edys ice cream and was nothing great. The onion rings were really spicy. My husband loved his burger, and my haddock was good. The fries were the best we've had on the island. However, there isn't any indoor seating- 3 picnic tables outside. So get it and leave.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“too expensive for a hot dog and fries.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

the kids meal was neat, but was just a hot dog and fries with toy in a cardboard boat. I got a char-dog wich was basically a hotdog on a grill. Add fries and drink and it was nearly 20 bucks. Way too high for nothing special.

Visited June 2013
Cape Coral, Florida
“Best Dogs around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Wonderful charming little spot on periwinkle with some great dogs and fries. Hot dogs cooked to perfection with just the right amount of snap to the casings. Staff is friendly and I even met the owner and his girlfriend who took great care of us. This is a fun spot to hit with the kids and grab some quick delicious food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Do Not Miss!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Schnapper's Hots has some of the best food I've ever tasted. From their hot dogs to their burgers, everything comes out hot and delicious. The french fries are great and served in cool little french fry cups, and you have the opportunity to eat outside or inside. mmm!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Markleville, Indiana
“Great Food! Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Got a Slaw dog onion rings and it was Great! The guy (maybe the owner) asked where we were from and I told him that we been coming to Sanibel for years but it was our first visit. He said " You will be back!" He was right. Great food and service will assure Schnappers that we will return. Standing room only in the waiting area but for food this good it is worth it! A must go if you go to Sanibel!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere