“What a fantastic, quiet place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ocean's Reach Condominiums
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   2230 Camino del Mar, Sanibel Island, FL 33957   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fairfield County, CT
“What a fantastic, quiet place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2008

My boyfriend and I (both in our 40s) found Ocean's Reach via a listing on VRBO then researched it on TripAdvisor. We immediately booked unit 4C2. We had such a relaxing time (4 nights), and were thrilled to find it so immaculately clean and airy. Except for one night when we went out to eat at The Mad Hatter, we cooked dinner in the kitchen and ate it outside on the balcony by candlelight. Sleeping with the balcony door open, listening to the waves crash, was heavenly!! We were also treated to 3 spectacular sunsets viewed from the beach. All in all, we came home refreshed and relaxed (and annoyed at the cold weather back here in Connecticticut). I would love to come back again because of the quiet and the proximity to the Gulf.

• Liked — The proximity to the beach
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

Oceans Reach is a great place to stay in Sanibel and would definitely recommend staying here again! We stayed in 3X1 and what we loved the best was the fact that we were steps away from the ocean. This made it so convenient to come and go to the beach throughout the day. In addition, we had a screened in porch which we loved to eat breakfast and lunch and just relax there if we wanted to stay out of the sun for a short while. The condo resort was wiped away in the hurricane in 2004 so it was completely rebuilt in 2004/2005 so everything is newly updated, which seems to be a huge consideration given a lot of the other reviews of places on Sanibel. We got bikes and rode around the island the first day we arrived and decided we didn't need them for our original 3 days planned and the management was very accommodating to change our reservation. I would definitely recommend staying here again.

• Liked — Location to the ocean/beach
  • Disliked — Bed was not that comfortable
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

stayed in 1 bed condo 3x1 which overlooked the beach on the ground floor, simply open lanai and within 20 steps straight onto beach, bliss. Could even watch dolphins from lanai! Full kitchen with all mod cons and dishwasher, washer and dryer, flat screen tv in bedroom. Books and board games, internet access, dvd/cd radio, everything you could possibly want. Hired a bike for 2 days and saw nearly all the island, deff go by bike to ding darling you see so much more than if you drive around it. This was our favourite place and area to stay in the 3 weeks we were in florida. If you feel like splashing out on a good meal out then go to sanibel steakhouse this was the best meal in 3 weeks, fillet mignon with lobster tail was delicious but expect to pay $200 for 2 if you want a decent bottle of wine with it. For a cheapy meal of large portions then go to island cow.
If you are going to sanibel this is the place to stay.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

We've just returned from our 2nd stay in Paradise, otherwise known as Ocean's Reach, Sanibel, Florida. This trip we stayed in Unit 3D1, a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom condo, beautifully furnished and cared for. As always, the staff at Ocean's Reach do everything to make guests welcome. There really is nothing to do except relax, swim, walk the beach and enjoy all the island has to offer. We will not consider staying anywhere else on Sanibel, since we think Ocean's Reach has it all!

• Liked — Location...location...location. All units have direct beach view, and within only a few steps.
  • Disliked — Having to go home.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Space Coast, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

I stayed at Ocean's Reach from 8/23 through 8/30 and could not have asked for a nicer vacation. I went looking for rest and relaxation and was served a full plate.
I rented unit 2B4 from the owner via PPBO. The process was simple and the owner answered all of my questions. Once I arrived, Dru Anne in the office was helpful with "on island"questions.
The one bedroom unit I stayed in was impeccably clean. The furnishing looked very tropical and brand new. The beach is literally 20 steps out the door. The pool area was clean and surprising quiet.
Ocean's Reach is Sanibel's first certified "Green"resort. There are bins for sorting your recyclables and other efforts to be more environmentally friendly.
The units all have free WI-FI as well as beach chairs, umbrellas and other beach needs. There is covered parking as well as elevators to the upper level units.
As far as I am concerned it was as close to heaven on Earth that you can get.
I returned to my real life, rested, relaxed and ready to make my reservations for next year.
Thank you Ocean's Reach for such a lovely vacation.

• Liked — Right on the beach and super clean condo
  • Disliked — Nothing!!!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SATx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

this place is great. A beautiful condo. Right on the beach, and plenty of things to do in the area. Water a little warm in the summer, but prices are lower.
Management was attentive to our needs.

• Stayed July 2008
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

I think Ocean's Reach should be required to include a warning when reservations are made.

WARNING: Staying at this condo may be habit forming! Painful withdrawal symptoms may occur after check out!

This was our first time staying on Sanibel Island. Our flight arrived after sunset.

TIP: The Island is very dark at night so Sea Turtles and other wildlife are not confused by too much light. Make sure you bring a flash light and good directions.

Even though it was dark and a little spooky we easily made our way to Ocean's Reach. The after hours check in directions were easy to follow and we soon found our condo and carport. I couldn't help myself and I had to open the door by our carport with our condo number on it. What a nice surprise! Rafts and beach chairs!! On to the condo! For some reason we didn't think they had elevators so we dragged 3 50 pound suitcases up the stairs.

TIP Ocean's Reach has elevators located in the center of the complex. They also have luggage carts. All easy to find when you are somewhat awake.

Our first impression of our condo was very positive. Bright, clean, comfortable! Yes as others have reported it is on the small side but it was fine for the 3 of us. We could hear the ocean but not see it.

The next morning I opened my eyes to the sight of palm trees, and the ocean. Between the condo and the ocean they have maintained a natural environment. I actually prefer this instead of man made manicured lawn up to the ocean. Ocean's Reach does have manicure lawn in other areas.

In addition to enjoying the beach, we went on the sealife pontoon boat in Tarpon Bay. A Manatee swam under the boat and we saw lots of birds and mangrove trees.

We also ate at the Bubble Room on Captiva.

TIP: The Bubble Room is fun with large portions and good food. It is a little pricey though. My total including tip for the 3 of us was$87. We did like the food and brought home left overs for lunch the next day.

I wish I could personally thank all the forward thinking people who helped preserve Sanibel and keet it as natural and as beautiful as possible.

Sanibel somehow relaxed me and gave me energy at the same time. I can't wait to go back!! I really hope somehow, someday I can become a real Sanibel Island resident and do my part in saving its beauty.

• Liked — The view of the ocean, the quiet locatio
  • Disliked — People smoking on the lanai's and in the stair ways. The condos are advertised as non smoking.
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Ocean's Reach Condominiums? Share your experiences!