“Great food AND great service!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood, Continental, Bistro
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine
Description: Innovative island bistro cuisine in a spacious and relaxing atmosphere. Live music, happy hour, fine wines, seafood and steaks. Gifts, jewelry, books, art and clothing in our shopping emporium. Winner of Taste of the Islands.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great food AND great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a place with character that served good food. What we found was character, GREAT food, and GREAT service.

We had just arrived to the island and went to trip advisor for a good place to have dinner. Traders Cafe looked right to us and wow we were not disappointed. It started with the hostess getting us in without a reservation (something we later learned is almost required for the island this time of year). Our server did an excellent job with being there when we wanted and didn't bug us all the time by asking if "we are alright". She had great instinct on timing. We had the stuffed portabella mushroom appetizer and it was fabulous. Our server told us it was her favorite thing on the menu. Next for the main course, my wife had a cup of the gumbo and a mozzarella salad. The gumbo was great the salad just average. I had a hard time deciding between the sea bass and snapper specials. I chose the snapper and it was delightful!

Prices were quite reasonable for the area. We will be going back!

Visited January 2014

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Wonderful food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Staff worked with us to accommodate a large party on a very busy night on short notice. My scallops were the best I have had in a long time. Service was great, presentation was good and most importantly the food was hot. Enjoyed every mouthful. I will return.

Visited January 2014
Mayville, Wisconsin, United States
“Yummmmmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We were on vacation to enjoy as much seafood as possible and we weren't disappointed at Traders. The plate was beautifully presented and well seasoned. Even though the servings weren't "huge", they were plenty big that we were all full and didn't need dessert.

Also, we sat in the area by the pianist on a Sunday evening, and he was fantastic! I would go again just to hear him play.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado, United States
“A lovely evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Impeccable service and delicious food at a fair price. What more can you say, except: I recommend Traders Cafe. The attached gift shop has fun and unique items.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great lunch at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was starting to think all the restaurants on Sanibel were overpriced, and then I tried this spot for a quick lunch. The curry soup was so yummy I considered ordering a second bowl. The rest of the lunch was good but not fantastic. I was glad I came. Th building is very large but they are healthily busy. I'll be back here again torrorrow.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere