I felt like I was on a remote beach in Hawaii. The rooms were extremely clean with full kitchen etc. staff was very friendly. This place is a shell collectors paradise! If you wish to bird watch there is an amazing refuge 5minutes away. The beach is so beautiful and remote, we never saw more than a couple of people here and there. Swimming is shallow and sandy a long way out. All senior citizens here, could of heard a pin drop! Reserve a year in advance, we wanted 4 nights and had to settle for 2. There is a reason they are #1 on Tripadvisor. Oh yeah, has to be one negative, pillows are flat as a board and a king bed is 2 twins put together, but who cares?
- Also Known As:
- Blue Dolphin Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Cottages Hotel
- Blue Dolphin Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Hotel Sanibel Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly refreshing vacation awaits you at the Blue Dolphin Cottages. We are a family owned, intimate and charming motel situated directly on a tranquil, white sandy beach on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. The Blue Dolphin Cottages offers a selection of accommodations in its 10 units, either bright and airy efficiencies or spacious one bedroom suites, all with completely equipped kitchens, phones and cable television. Each unit has a comfortable sun deck surrounded by lush tropical landscaping. With our compliments, you will enjoy a delicious continental breakfast every morning. ... more less