My fiancé and I (27 and 26, respectively) stayed for a couple of nights in February while “road tripping” around Florida.
We couldn’t believe the size of the room, which contained two very comfy double beds, big table and chairs, a TV and a clean and functional kitchenette. It was decorated in lovely “old Florida” style with nautical theme. The bathroom was a little small, but had a great shower. As we only stayed for a short while we didn’t use the kitchen. I’m not sure it would be enough to self cater “proper” for more than a couple of days.
N.B. the pool is next to the road. We didn’t feel this was an issue (probably because we hadn’t planned on spending any time in the pool in any event – the beaches are brilliant here), but it’s worth mentioning, as it isn’t clear from the Inn’s photographs.
There is plenty of parking out front around the little pool and there is loads of space on the decking outside the cottages for drying wet swim wear.
We didn’t see much of the staff, but they were very friendly when we did and made some great recommendations, particularly for breakfast – you MUST try the café in Jerry’s Supermarket (we thought that sounded weird, but were so pleasantly surprised that we ate there for breakfast every day!).
Good location, easy to find and with handy shell cleaning facilities by the pool, this is a perfect little base for exploring the island. (Speaking of exploring, a trip to Sanibel and Captiva wouldn’t be complete if you didn’t make a trip to Tween Waters Inn for the crab racing (but call ahead, as it’s only on a couple of times a week) – what a hoot!
Would thoroughly recommend this place if you’re looking for value for money and convenience (and a little Florida charm).
- Also Known As:
- Anchor Inn & Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Anchor Inn & Cottages Hotel
- Anchor Inn And Cottages
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on beautiful Sanibel Island, Anchor Inn offers affordable accommodations in a lush tropical setting. Private A-frame cottages, standard hotel rooms and fully equipped 1 and 2 room efficiencies are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Anchor Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.