“Lovely little golf course- very welcoming” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sanibel Island
Dunes Golf and Tennis Club
949 Sandcastle Road, Sanibel Island, FL 33957   |
Ranked #27 of 27 hotels in Sanibel Island
Telford, United Kingdom
“Lovely little golf course- very welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011 via mobile

Booked the course from Uk and never looked at yardage. When we arrived we thought it was short but it turned out to be great test of golf and great fun. The staff in the golf shop, guys with the buggies and the starter were excellent. Excellent location some great wildlife and one we would recommend.

• Stayed September 2011

3 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Business
Miramar, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Played this course with the wife on our trip to Sanibel. I simply loved this course. The views are stunning, with most holes having water on one of both sides. Yes it is challenging, but I knew this from the start, even deciding not to keep score. My purpose was simply to enjoy a round of golf and the views of this course, and it did not let me down. With that said, even though there is plenty of water, it is not unbelievably difficult to stay on the course. There are only a couple of holes where extra care needs to be taken. If you mange your game in a decent fashion, you can stay away from most water hazards. The staff was fantastic, and very organized, making sure players teed off in order, and even wiping down our clubs after the round.

As far as maintainance, I was very pleased. The fairways are manicured perfectly, and the greens are cut so well that they are quite fast, and your ball may just roll off the green if you are not careful.

My wife and I are planning our next trip as we speak.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

Golfed here 4 times last week. 5800 yard course with LOTS of water. Bring extra balls. Matched with a regular who called it "5800 yards from hell" because of all the water. Lots of wild life. Saw 8 alligators one day. Would have liked to have seen better coordination between the Pro Shop and the Starter. The Pro Shop told me I could only golf 9 holes. The Starter was able to work me in for 18.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Dunes Golf and Tennis Club? Share your experiences!