“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blind Pass Condominiums

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanibel Island
Blind Pass Condominiums
You added Blind Pass Condominiums to your Saves list
5117 Sea Bell Rd., Sanibel Island, FL 33957   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lexington, Ky
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Great location. Conveinent to both Sanibel and Captiva. Shelling wasn't as good as I expected but I chalk that up to no major storms this year to churn them up. Great pool and condo had everything we needed.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Waverly, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

Wow...after reading a few negative reviews I felt inclined to comment on our stay in June 2009. I traveled with my husband, one year old daugher, and my in-laws. We stayed in F210. We found the resort to be in a fabulous area...slightly away from town and the hustle and bustle that we were trying to avoid. We found our condo to be nicely appointed. It was clean, up to date, and accomodating to our family. The beach is a walk from the resort but well worth the calories burned to get there. Our condo offered a "beach cart", chairs, umbrella, and toys. Our umbrella was broke upon arrival however easily replaced by the staff at the front desk. The pool was salt water so chemicals were not a problem for our infant. The sign does not recommend infants with "swimmies" diapers to utilize the pool...we did and had no problems. The grounds were well kept and tidy. There were multiple grills available...we arranged theme dinners for two nights out of our stay and had no problem preparing our meals. We loved the Blind Pass and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay on Sanibel Island.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Samba, owner at Blind Pass Condominiums, responded to this review, September 30, 2009
It's always nice to read a helpful review on Blind Pass Condominiums, considered Sanibel's "Best Kept Secret" because of its unique private and natural location.

We ask that anyone interested in coming to Blind Pass Condominiums keep in mind that the pool at the complex is, indeed, chlorinated. It is not salt water as this review indicates.

The pool is monitored daily to assure that the right amount of chemicals are used to create the freshest and safest swimming experience possible.
Tampa Bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

We rented the unit through the property managers. They seemed competent, but not very friendly. As seems to happen when someone lives in a resort community, the staff appeared to be sick to death of tourists. This is NOT a kid friendly environment- regardless of the marketing. Big sign at the pool-- no noise and no pool toys or floaties (!) allowed. Dreaming of floating the day away, relaxing on your inflatable? Want to play with the kids in the pool, hitting a beach ball around? Forget it. I'd never seen that before at a hotel pool-- or any pool-- before. The beach is a distance away-- especially when you're schlepping all that beach gear. Made more sense to load up the car and drive over. Distance from town was actually quite nice-- we rode our bikes in/back every day. Kept all those extra calories in check! We're going back to Sanibel this summer, but won't be staying here.

Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Samba, owner at Blind Pass Condominiums, responded to this review, July 30, 2009
Regarding the last few reviews, I think some further clarification is necessary. The grounds, location, amenities and site of Blind Pass Condominiums are----in a few words---beautiful,natural, peaceful and convenient to beach and wildlife. There is no other complex on Sanibel Island with this kind of seclusion or privacy.

We are not directly on the beach but we are only about 500 yards from the beach. For most of our renters, because there are no streets to cross and because the walk to the beach is considered to be a fun way of seeing the Island's natural wonders, this walk is not an issue.

Again, the pool usage and experience is tailored to the majority of our vistors who want a more passive and quiet pool environment. Most of our summer visitors are families with children. As many profess to enjoy the discovery aspect of our location, and return year after year, we do not see a need to adjust the pool regulations.

The specific condo rental experience,as rental guests have written, can vary widely. Those units in the rental program must meet standards of cleanliness, convenience and comfort to remain in the program. We have no control over units not in the program.That said, there are several ways a rental guest can assure that they are getting what they want and need. They can rent through the office and specify what they want and need in a unit and the office will offer suggestions to them of what is available for their dates and best able to meet their request.

They can go to the Blind Pass website, and peruse the units where photos and descriptions will give them a good idea of the condos available for their dates. They can use TripAdvisor and its vacation rental site, FlipKey see units that have been reviewed. This new site, Flipkey does have verified reviews from real rental guests and may create a new industry standard for evaluating units, not just at Blind Pass or on Sanibel Island, but vacation rentals world wide.

I do not know if the reviews on TripAdvisor have been verified so rental guests should certainly cross reference both sites to assure legitimacy.

Additionally, new applications on Facebook are emerging where rental guests can actually get suggestions on vacation rentals from people they know. Second Porch is one of these Facebook applicatiions.

While guests may get lucky and find an outstanding unit that is offering discounts, price point should not be the only or even significant factor in choosing a vacation rental. Comparative shopping and digging for details are key components in a vacation renter's satisfaction.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

Okay, so this condo is in a nice location. But, let it be known that they have different owners. The condo I stayed in was very cheap, and there was not a housekeeping fee. So, that being said, I guess I get what I paid for. So, I am going to focus not on my unit, because they are different, but the facility.

The pool was very nice, and amazingly the deep part was over 6 feet. My son is 6'3 and it was over his head, and he was happy!!!!!!!!!The water was very warm. I stayed in the D building, and it was close to the pool. I had someone older with me, so she was not so keen on the walk to the beach. It is not that far, and it takes about 10 minutes. We saw some of the greatest birds including those pink spoonbills! The beach was nice, white sand, and lots of sea shells. Sandy bottom and turquoise water. However, the water here is not crystal clear as one would think. So snorkeling is not real doable for viewing things.The water is deeper up here vs. the beaches when you just get on the island.

The grills were kind of out of the way for my building. We did not use the, because I could not see standing out there so long because of the heat. But they were not real convenient to keep walking back and forth from. There were nice tennis courts, and people were using them. The grounds were pretty well kept. I wouldn't say it was amazing landscaping, but it was in the 100's every day, so I am not sure how anything can thrive. uggg

There is covered parking available for your car and it is a designated spot. Our spot was a tight scrunch, and I was so glad I did not have a bigger vehicle!

I was told by the owner to go to the office for a parking pass. I went over there when they were open, and they just had me sign in. Not real friendly. They just asked if I rented through owner, I said yes, they said sign here, and goodbye. I thought they could have maybe been a little more delightful, and mentioned if I had questions about anything on the premises, the area, or something you would think!

I was in a 2 bedroom unit, and it was very roomy. I have no complaints about that whatsoever. It is always nice to have 2 bathrooms a full kitchen, an ample living area. Please note, if you have an upper unit there are no elevators. So if you are not able to do stairs with luggage, etc. keep that in mind. All in all, I think it depends if you are looking for fancy, this is not it. If you are looking for a decent location, walking distance beach, this is a good spot. To drive the island, it does not take long. So, this is a decent location! Just decide on a unit maybe that there are reviews on.

Ocala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

I've read many reviews about Blind Pass Condo's and never seen unit F-103 mentioned.
This unit is in a idea location between the office/pool/grill/tennis court area and the beach walk way path. This unit is on ground level with a large screen porch porch facing the center courtyard area of the complex and is updated with all new furniture & appliances with a TV in each room. This is a very nice unit and the only negatives would be there is a unit above you and you can constantly hear the sliding door open to the above screen porch. also, only 1 - ceiling fan in unit (Kitchen). This unit stays very cool due to the unit above which is a plus during the summer months. Unit is well equipped and nicely decorated. 52" Plasma TV. I Highly recommend this condo unit.
Coke machine $ 1.25 for 20 oz and Newspaper stand next to office & grills. Best of all, Wi- Fi connection in room, BRING YOUR LAPTOP! Pool is Large & Well kept, not overly crowded but a very popular area. Pool/Office/Grill/tennis area 1 - min walk, Lagoon Bridge/Canoes 5 min walk. Beach 10 min walk. Parking to unit. 1 - min walk. Best Shelling is early AM @ Sunrise and 1 - 2 miles south of beach entrance. Fishing is good @ sunrise & sunset in surf. Fish I caught during stay. sail cat, gulf whiting, sea trout, snook, jack, mackerel. Live Shrimp worked the best. Sanibel Pier had a good ammount of fish being caught the one day I was there. Closest restaurants: Pink Flamingo/Sunset Grill/Mad Hatter less than 5 mins. My family of 5, included me & wife + 85 Y/O Father + daughters 3 and 7. Restaurants I ate at: Pink Flamingo @ Blind Pass ( Good Food, Kid Friendly ). Sunset Grill: OK, Not kid friendly. Crows nest @ Tween waters on Monday & Thurs. ( Crab Races @ 6 PM ) Kid friendly, small menu,good food. Over Easy Cafe: Kid Friendly, Good Food. Best to load up on grocercies before you get on Island as it's costly to go out to eat as a family. Example: First Sat. night on Island all restaurants are packed then come Fri night all empty, " My reasoning is either familys figured it out or ran out of money" . Things I did on Island: Captiva Island Dolphin Cruise $ 25, Sanibel Pier, Golf @ Beachview Golf Course. $40
Tanger Outlet Mall before you come onto Sanibel Island. (Great deal on kid clothes) Well to close, Blind Pass is a great place to stay because of cleanliness/Value & location between Sanibel & Captival Islands. First Stay @ Blind Pass but six stay on Island in past 10 years and would definitely stay here again. (Ocala, Florida)

Sarasota, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

After 11 fantastic days, as guests at The Blind Pass Condominiums in Condo E201,
we are happy to response on Trip Advisor.

Sanibel Island is really something special!
An Island being protect for it's nature!
Besides from that, the Blind Pass Condominiums, is placed in a perfect location
close to Bowman Beach.
The Resort is running in a very professionally way.
The staff are friendly and helpful.
We will recommend to any nature lover, to visit Sanibel Island and Blind Pass Resort.

fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

Unfriendly, untrustyworthy staff. There was a sign up sheet for ammenities in the office and they ripped it down after we signed up and started a new sheet because one of the kayaks had a hole or something and instead of giving us the opportunity to sign up for another one they just ripped it down and did not tell us. We show up the next morning and they were very rude! Some lady with a northern accent you can do it another time. I will never return there! Poor service! Poor service! Rude! Rude!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family

Been to Blind Pass Condominiums? Share your experiences!