Sandalfoot is affordable paradise. The grounds are always impeccably maintained so you can walk around anywhere barefoot (or sandal foot :)). The condo is perfectly situated on the island so that during peak season you can wake up in the morning and look to your left and watch the sunrise, and look to the right at night and watch the sunset. Amazing, nearly every day. If you can swing the extra few bucks, go for a gulf front, first floor unit (buildings 1 or 5). The ultimate in serenity is the outside corner unit on either of those buildings (1A1, e.g.). No one walks by your unit, or in front of it, you have front walk-out access to the beach, and a wonderful view all day long. I've been going to Sanibel/Captiva for nearly 40 years. Sandalfoot is a wonderful spot to be. You're off the beaten track (on East Gulf Drive), and yet you don't have to trudge up the always-crowded main road, so you can get to Sandalfoot quickly (especially useful as you first get on the island and are anxious to start vacation). The lighthouse is a pleasant 1 mi walk down the beach (or down the road) every morning, and the fantastic Lighthouse Cafe and next door ice cream spot are both a quick walk away. The beach is amazing (but that's true almost everywhere on Sanibel, so that's not a unique selling point). Sandalfoot is small enough complex so you don't feel like you're at a complex. Cook outside on the Weber grills. Swim in the pool. Play shuffleboard. Laze on the beach. The buildings aren't new, but not much on Sanibel that's affordable is. Many of the units are remodeled, some better than others. But, really, Sanibel isn't about the inside of your unit; it's about the beach, and the view. Hence my suggestion: get the gulf front view. 1st floor gets you walk out access. Upper floors are good too, but you don't get that same feel like you have your own beachhouse. One caveat about 1A1, where we've stayed twice, intentionally: The kitchen is the most moronic design, with barely room for a single person to move. As soon as you open the fridge or dishwasher, you block access to the entire kitchen. Nevertheless, I've cooked a full Christmas dinner with great success, so it's a fully functional kitchen, if a bit challenging. And I've been there twice, so you can tell it doesn't stop me from choosing 1A1 as one of the most exclusive units on the property. Great folks at the front office. Never had a hitch with my reservation or stay.
- Also Known As:
- Sandalfoot Condominiums Hotel
- Sandalfoot Condominiums Hotel Sanibel Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront, One & Two-Bedrooms, Fully-appointed Condominiums. Many have been professionally decorated & recently renovated. All condos have private screened-in lanais. Beach chairs provided. All condos offer at least a view of the beach on the Gulf of Mexico. Direct Beachfront units have breathtaking views of the water sparkling in the sun. Lush, tropically landscaped grounds, heated swimming pool, tennis court, shuffleboard, BBQ grills, elevators, laundry in each building, bike rentals and free WiFi. We have super-friendly and helpful team members. Located on the beach side of East Gulf Drive, on the ''Historic Lighthouse'' east end of the island, where the best shelling occurs, with easy-off access to the mainland. Make Sandalfoot your home-away-from-home vacation retreat. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Sandalfoot Condominium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.