“If you're looking for amazing food in Sanibel, this is it!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
New York, New York, United States
“If you're looking for amazing food in Sanibel, this is it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I were on our last night of a short motorcycle trip through South Florida and decided to stop in Sanibel for the night. We saw the restaurant on our way to Captiva and felt it was the perfect spot for a sunset dinner. I had one of the juiciest sword fish have ever had in my life, the Heart Healthy Entree, while Ron had the Sunset Grouper, a truly delightful mixture of Asian and Mediterranean flavors...service was equally excellent and the price was right for what we got. The only downside was the lack of a nice espresso to help digest the excellent Key Lime Pie we shared for dessert! I highly recommend the place for anyone traveling through the island.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Blairsvillle,GA
“shelling (not))”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great place to spend some time while the wife does some shelling - good food - good service - pleasant place to spend some time

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fresh fish daily”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch after a morning of shelling and fishing. My husband had the grouper Reuben and I had the grilled grouper sandwich. The fish was hot & fresh. We both ordered homemade sweet potato fries as our sides for an additional charge. One side would have been plenty for the two of us, although they were tasty. The place is a little pricey for lunch, but is across from the beach.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pascack Valley, NJ
“better than I expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

After a long day on the road, my daughter decided on Sunset Grill because of it's glowing reviews. We were glad we did. I had a chicken dish, my husband lamb, and my daughter pasta and we were very satisfied. it was an early dinner, 5ish on a Saturday night so it was not busy. The service was attentive and knowledgable about the food. We would have gladly returned but we were eager to try different restaurants during our stay on Sanibel. Our first meal on the island was a deliciously memorable one thanks to Sunset Grill.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

A trip to the Islands is not complete with out a trip to the Sunset grill for breakfast wether its French Toast or Pancakes, Omlet or Bagels they hit the spot. A particular favorite is Smoked Salmon bagel.

• Visited June 2013