“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Geneva, Illinois
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

You need time because you will always wait, because the food is very good, some of it might be a bit spicy, but the fish is fresh no doubt. The atmosphere is not elegant, but rustic and on Friday nights there is life music. Enjoy the food!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

we've visited the Island cow a couple of Times during our trip to Sanibel. The Food is great, especially the "boom boom shrimp". :)

Glassboro, New Jersey
“Holy Cow, Island Cow!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

After spending the day at the beach the family was ravenous. I had heard that anywhere on the island was going to be expensive, and with 14 people in tow I was apprehensive and ready to find a grocery store for peanut butter and jelly if need be. Boy, was I surprised when I saw the extensive menu and the affordable prices. Everyone ate to their fill, the waiter was amazing and the food was excellent. We sat outside as the inside is a bit crowded, but the day we went was very temperate and they have fans to keep the air moving. If we ever make our way back to Sanibel Island, we will definitely stop here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Only Average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Ate here once and the food was only "ok". Menu says that the fish is straight off the boat...I had a tuna steak that I'm sure was frozen. And it was served to me with absolutely no finesse at all...just a piece of fish...no sauté, no sauce, no dipping sauce...nada. They are famous for their cheese grits so I tried them...they are bland. There is no seasoning in the grits...just grits and mild cheddar that separates from the grits when I tried to get it on my fork or spoon. On the plus side my family shared an appetizer of fried artichokes which were good. Were returning to Sanibel next year but not to Island Cow.

Visited August 2014
Miami, Florida
“Gator Bites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

From the first time I learned about and planned to visit Sanibel I knew I would be going here. My boyfriend and I stopped here for some appetizers and beer. We had the gator tail bites (first time) and the frickles (fried pickles). Both were very savory. The waiter was GREAT! We absolutely loved him. The atmosphere wasn't our favorite, it felt like it was hotter inside than outside and there were a lot of flies and mosquitos. However we did enjoy our time here.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere