“Great, but you have to wait” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great, but you have to wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Gramma Dots is perfect for what it is- a casual, family restaurant set in the Sanibel Marina. The food is good, the service is friendly, and the ambiance is fun! The ONLY sticking point is that there can be quite a wait to sit down, depending on the size of your party, and I don't know that it would be worth a long wait. That said, if you go, be sure to try the tuna melt!

Visited February 2014

Springfield, Illinois
“Amazing:Pros and Cons List”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Pros:
-Great food (I had the coconut shrimp, clam chowder, and some of the grouper)
-Great location, right on the marina
-Great, quick service
-A very quaint design inside

Cons:
-No A/C (Screen with no windows and fans)
-A small place so make reservations!

Overall I love this place and we visit every year for lunch on our last day. Try it, you will certainly not be disappointed!

Sarasota
“If all you want.. is atmosphere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife and I were saving for a Sanibel trip for a long time and everything was spectacular except the lunch. Waitress was rude, the "crab meatballs" were undercooked. Homemade chips were tasteless and soggy. Sandwich bread dry. No refills on soda? But, they have a great location on the Marina. Don't waste your hard earned money!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice Restaurant on the canal/bay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We went to Gramma Dot's about 2:30. We waiting about 35/40 min to be seated. We sat outside on the water which was nice. Our waitress was great. The menu is a bit on the fried side. Not really for the healthy eater. We did have the fried shrimp, blacken grouper sandwich, fish n chips and a couple of kids meals. The kids enjoyed it. The fries looked like they were frozen from a bag. There's almost too much on the menu. I always find that a restaurant that has too many items, loses something. Less is more in my eyes. Less items done well is what I like to see. It was just ok. Would have spent my money else where if I knew. But if you're into fried/heavy foods, this will do you well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami, FL
“Little place...big taste!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We have been going to Sanibel for 14 years now, and never had the opportunity to make it to Gramma Dot's for one reason or another. This year, we made a point of going there since many of the locals recommended it. We arrived for lunch by boat. It was the perfect lunch spot. The fish was fresh, and the service was superb. Our kids enjoyed their grouper fish finger kids meals with homemade potato chips. My husband had the burger, and he said it was amazing! The fish and chips were a delight to eat...so flaky and fresh. They served our dishes with fresh fruit and a flower. I thought that was a very nice touch. We loved the ambiance, and the island casual of this little place. This place is definitely a must on our next trip!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere