“Bring your own lunch” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Toronto, Canada
“Bring your own lunch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just had lunch there for the second time this week. The first time was very busy, my friend used to go there and had fond memoris of years ago. I found the fish to be just ok, their homemade chips very oily and left a bad aftertaste. Didn't like my experience very well at all. I came back today to bring my husband and thought I'd give it another chance. We both felt hurried, tired cranky waitress, and food was below par. Plastic plates , no hot tea, and expensive. I left the money with the check on the table and the waitress yelled at me wandering we're the money was? Never had that before? Anyway you can bet I won't be going there anytime soon. Love the view but bring your own lunch!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Bradenton, Florida
“Great Atmosphere Food Not as Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We dined at Granda Dot's this week and were disappointed. This place has the great atmosphere of a wood paneled seaside local diner. The service was great but the food, with the exception of the great New England Clam Chowder ($6), was disappointing. My wife and I had the Grouper sandwich with boursin and spinach. It sounded like it should have been great but it was very bland. It was a large sandwich and it should be for $15. The sandwich was accompanied by their famous homemade chips that I wanted to like but couldn't. They were also unsalted and bland. You can tell that this place is an iconic restaurant that you want to go to but next time I'll go for the fish and chips.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Gramma dot's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Fantastic food, for a dollar extra you can order off the lunch menu at dinner time. Atmosphere is very casual, staff is pleasant and friendly, looking at the yatch's in the evening was fun.

Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Perfect intro to Sanabel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

This was my first intro to Sanibel and this area of Florida. It's located on the marina and te food is excellent. It must be very popular as we arrive around 1:30 and there was a log wait. But having just stepped off a plane from snow covered Boston, the wait was delightful.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Macedon, New York
“great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have only been to Grandma Dot's once while on vacation with the family. The place is quite simple but charming and the location at the marina is really neat.
I had a fried grouper sandwich which was very tasty.
Our server was very attentive and met all of our expectations with great prompt service.
The prices are what you'd expect on Sanibel but then again if you can afford to vacation there you need to expect the highter prices.
I would return there in the future.

• Visited January 2013