“Standard breakfast favorites with super friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Boston
“Standard breakfast favorites with super friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Lighthouse Cafe is like an old friend. You can rely on the service and the food to be just as good as you remember. You're not going to get any surprises in either direction here -- really tasty pancakes, nicely cooked omelets, really friendly service. The coffee is not too good. Since our last visit, they started taking credit cards.

Two other really nice parts of going to the Lighthouse Cafe. You can walk to and from this restaurant by way of the beach. Love that. And while you wait (and you will wait -- this place is popular with visitors and locals), there's a string and hook game that occupies a lot of time, and a kitschy gift shop for browsing.

I can't imagine a visit to Sanibel without breakfast at the Lighthouse Cafe.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Littleton, Colorado
“Good food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Lighthouse Café Thanksgiving morning before a stroll on the beach started off the perfect holiday. Not sure I can support the "Worlds Best Breakfast" quote but the food was pretty good. Solid breakfast café fare with an extensive menu offering a wide variety of breakfast and lunch options.
The best part of the experience was the service. With guests patiently filling the parking lot, the staff did a great job of getting everyone in and served efficiently. When the menu looked so good I could not decide the server offered to do a half order of each, to satisfy my curiosity. The kids/teens love the pancakes. The manager was personable and positive. Overall a great family café experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Inland Northwest, Us
“Ocean frittata to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We ate here last time we were on Sanibel and decided to try it again. It was packed with a waiting list, but surprisingly we were called sooner than expected. The menu choices are many! I decided on the ocean frittata and was not disappointed. It was great. My husband loved his French toast. Very satisfactory meal.
The staff is amazingly well organized, considering the volume this restaurant does. Friendly and fast! Highly recommend this place for breakfast. It is noisy when it is packed but still a very enjoyable dining experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glendale, AZ
“Key Lime Should Be Reserved for Pie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Came across this restaurant on a recent visit to friends in Sanibel Island. Boasting “The World’s Best Breakfast,” I had high hopes, and had to try it. It was very busy and quite crowded. We were on a waiting list, but that allowed me to check out the little shop next door. Our name was called, we were greeted with a smile and seated promptly. After a quick perusal of the menu, we decided on the Eggs Benedict, a favorite of mine. The menu did state it had homemade key lime hollandaise sauce, which piqued my curiosity. I mentioned we were going to share it, and the server made sure it was already put on two separate plates, which we appreciated. The potatoes served with it were tasty, albeit a bit greasy. The eggs Benedict looked great. However, that darned key lime hollandaise sauce ruined it in our opinion. The hollandaise on eggs Benedict make or break this dish in my opinion, and sad to say it had a sour, biting taste to it. Look, I like key lime pie. I just don’t think it should have been used in the hollandaise. And so for hubby and me, The Lighthouse Café fell short of having the “World’s Best Breakfast.”

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mt Pleasant SC
“A must do!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Each time we visit Sanibel, The Lighthouse Cafe is a must do! The atmosphere is warm and inviting, the staff is happy and friendly, and the food...delicious! I have my favorites from the menus, but always try something new. Have never been disappointed. For the children, there are many choices. Can't wait till next year!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere