“Yummy” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
New York City, New York
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The first time we came to this restaurant was to order the pizza for ake out. It was decent. Very thin crust. Our last night we decided to have our dinner here and we weren't dissappointed at all. I had the ravioli and my daughter had the pasta with sauce. We both enjoyed it very much. Best meal on Sanibel.

Visited November 2012

uk
“Excellent food, rude service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We visit Sanibel for several weeks each year and always eat at Matzaluna. Over the years it has proved to be very dependable, middle range, restaurant with a wide menu that must appeal to many. This was our second visit in three weeks and we chose Matzaluna to celebrate a birthday with elderly Americans. The food came up to our expectations although the chicken and pasta dish lacked flavour and seemed somewhat bland however this slight disappointment was due to our choice rather than a fault of the restaurant. Unfortunately our server left much to be desired. She obviously has a problem serving non American clients and made this very clear. Our guests were totally embarrassed by her unprovoked verbal attack on us and it did spoil what should have been a most enjoyable evening. We would of course return to Matzaluna but management needs to ensure that this "lady" is not serving their customers many of whom come from overseas.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Try the Lobster Bisque”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We opted for a carry-out to watch Thanksgiving Football and ordered Lobster Bisque and pizzas. We were very pleased with the food. Just need to make pizza's larger (it's a compliment) because they were very tasty! :-)

Visited November 2012
NJ
“Good Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We've gone here 4times in last month--my wife loves the veal--which they will cook any way you want it--I love the crabmeat Alfredo--good place for families and groups--good service and good ingredients

Reading
“Matzaluna”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Tonight we ate at Matzaluna on Sanibel Island. We have been putting this restaurant off for numerous years only becuase I work in an Italian restaurant. This was a huge disappointment to not only myself but my whole family. Family members of mine ordered items that to my knowledge are outstanding. I can not say these were. Lasagna Bolognase wasn't to what it should be. Layers of thin sheets of noodle, a delicious meat sauce, followed by cheese to top it off.. This was similar to a typical LASAGNA from your nearby pizzaria. I've watched my chef prepare this...TAKES HOURS!!! Tasted similar to a frozen entree. My father ordered chicken marsala, which I reccommended since he doesn't eat cheese. One word to describe this is MUSH. I love chicken marsala and eat it a lot. Coming to an Island, you imagine the best. This was, in better terms, awlful. Not to mention, a simple task, as dressing on the side, was ruined. My meal was sent back and taking off the bill. We won't be back.

• Visited November 2012