“Great food in an old Florida way! Exceeding expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Seafood, Ice Cream
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Cafe and Ice Cream Shop with Royal Scoop
“Great food in an old Florida way! Exceeding expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Excellent food and service. Cajun steam pot was outstanding! Great value and you get fantastic local ice cream with most meals. The staff went above and beyond to meet substitution requests. Get off the beaten path and try this secret gem.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boca Raton
“Best Ice Cream in Town. Including Pinocchio's.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We ran out of time and didn't have a chance to visit Rosie's for a meal but we had time for their high quality ice cream, which turned out to be even better than the good ice cream we had a Pinocchio's. We found the staff here at Rosie's to be very friendly and sincere. We discussed visiting for dinner sometime soon. If their ice cream is any indication of their quality standard then the food should be very enjoyable.

Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Good food, no crowds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

A nice restaurant off Sanibel's main road, Rosie's is a clean, good restaurant with fair prices. During our week-long stay at Sanibel we visited Rosie's twice, first time for lunch (the steak sandwich I ordered was great!) and second time for breakfast. If you want to avoid the long wait times of the other restaurants while still enjoying good food in a nice setup, then Rosie's is a great choice.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Key West, Florida
“Very, very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My partner and I have been coming to Sanibel for years, but always stuck to our good usual spots. This time, his cousin joined us on a Sanibel jaunt for the first time, so we wanted to try somewhere new for lunch.

We arrived and there were a few tables eating. We were seated promptly and warmly greeted. The menu was short, sweet and contained some good sounding entries. Our waitress advised us of our specials and gave us a few minutes. Between the three of us, we ordered a chicken tender plate, a grilled chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries and a Philly steak sandwich. The chicken tenders were just lightly breaded and very thick pieces. The chicken sandwich was seasoned well and on a nice, fresh kaiser roll. The sweet potato fries were very delicious, unlike any I had ever tasted. They were cooked well and had a hint of cinnamon. This was how sweet potato fries should be made. The Philly steak was flavored well and tasted more like a steak you order as dinner, which was a nice surprise. It was able to hold the flavor better. It was served with regular fries, which were hand cut.

The waitress was very friendly and attentive. The prices were very reasonable, especially for Sanibel. This is a definite addition to the list of regular stops.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lexington, KY
“My favorite place on the island!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have been here three times and have decided it's my all time favorite place when I visit. I have been lucky twice to get the grouper reuben on the specials menu, it's amazing!!! I also love their beach bread (toss up between doc ford's and rosie's) and their buffalo shrimp is superb! My niece had the soup of the day, mushroom & asparagus, and she loved it so of course I had to have a taste and thought that it was some of the best soup I've had for awhile. Al is the server we have always had, he's the bald Jersey guy, and he is sooooo nice. Al's recommendations are always spot on and he tastes everything. Service is quick and the staff is awesome. I have always been stuffed to where I haven't been able to get their ridiculously good desserts but they always let my little niece have a taste of ice cream before she leaves. Any person with a bad experience I imagine would of been satisfied if they complained, I can't imagine the staff would of let anyone leave knowing they were upset. I LOVE ROSIE's and wish it was in my town but look forward to seeing Al and eating some good food on my visits!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere