We arrived at Castaways on 4 July for a weeks stay - 5 minutes was enough. The resort sells itself on old Florida charm - its just old, and the cottages are in need of major renovation. The resort is also dissected by the busy SanCap Road - so the noise of the traffic just adds to the noise of the AC. We moved to the really lovely Sanibel Moorings Resort - now that really is to be recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterview cottages, efficiencies, or motel units are surrounded by the Gulf of Mexico and beautiful Sunset Bay. Discover miles of sandy beaches, shelling, fishing, swimming, or just relaxing Island style. The Castaways is a touch of paradise you're sure to remember. World-class shelling and bird-watching. Great fishing from our private docks or in the Gulf of Mexico.Marina with canoe,kayak and bicycle rentals, charter captains, bait and other sundry items.Three restaurants and general store within walking distance. Heated swimming pool. Pet-friendly units available for guests who want their 4-footed friends to enjoy a true family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, T4B and Odigeo so you can book your Castaways Beach and Bay Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaways Beach And Bay Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Castaways Beach And Bay Hotel
- Castaways Beach And Bay Resort