A piece of sweet, unpretentious Old Florida. Take off your shoes and walk on the beach and sink back in time.
My last visit was May '09 and I am longing to go back. I visited with a girl friend and my dog and we stayed in one of the beach side cottages. Long barefoot walks, shell-collecting galore. My friend made a wreath for me out of the shells we collected and it hangs on my front door year round.
A shell collector's paradise: read Gift From The Sea by Ann Lindbergh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterview cottages, efficiencies, or motel units are surrounded by the Gulf of Mexico and beautiful Sunset Bay. Discover miles of sandy beaches, shelling, fishing, swimming, or just relaxing Island style. The Castaways is a touch of paradise you're sure to remember. World-class shelling and bird-watching. Great fishing from our private docks or in the Gulf of Mexico.Marina with canoe,kayak and bicycle rentals, charter captains, bait and other sundry items.Three restaurants and general store within walking distance. Heated swimming pool. Pet-friendly units available for guests who want their 4-footed friends to enjoy a true family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, T4B and Odigeo so you can book your Castaways Beach and Bay Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaways Beach And Bay Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Castaways Beach And Bay Hotel
- Castaways Beach And Bay Resort