“Just Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Naples, Florida
“Just Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from a 4 night stay at Beachview and it was as close to heaven on earth that you could get. This is not a resort but rather a color-coordinated step into Old Florida via wonderfully simple cottages on a spectacular beach. Our cottage (#2) was perfect for us and our 10 year old rescue dog who had never been on a beach but loved every scent presented. The cottages are conveniently located on West Gulf between Doc Ford's (Rabbit Road) and George & Wendy's and Over Easy (Tarpon Bay) all of which made for great takeout. I just cannot describe the beauty of the beach there at sunrise, sunset, during ferocious storms, and on starry nights. What a gem this place is -- we hope to make at least an annual pilgrimage.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I can without a doubt, honestly say, that was the best vacation I have ever had. My fiance, little girl, and I stayed at Beachview Cottages in July. We had so much fun, and it was absolute paradise. The people there are soooo friendly. I absolutely adore Lisa. She is the sweetest, most down to earth person you could ever meet. Johnny, Zula, Bob, who gave us great advice on what to see on the island,Carol, the nice lady who took my daughter's picture holding her conch shell, and I am terrible at remembering names, but, some of the nicest people you could ever meet. Lisa was such a huge help with anything that we needed. We loved staying in our cottage. It was very clean, cozy, and comfortable. The old style feel of this place is what drew me to it, and I am so glad we made the choice to stay there rather than anywhere else. There is something about staying there that makes you feel like you can relax, have fun, and be yourself. LOL, I got so sad when we got back home because I had such a wonderful time there, and we didn't want to leave. We are most definitely planning to go back and stay again. I miss Lisa and everyone there. :)

Room Tip: I wouldn't have minded staying in any of the cottages, but really like the one we stayed in, whi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a two night stay and had a great time at Beachview Cottages. We enjoyed going to Jerry's, riding bikes, walking a nature trail, watching the sunset, playing tennis next door, and cooking our meals in a fully equipped cottage.
The place is very quiet and relaxing. My dog enjoyed the beach and everyone was very dog friendly. I was not impressed with the ocean water. I went in the ocean once and it was not enjoyable stepping on shells and swimming in murky water, but the sunsets were cool. There are a lot of really intereting looking shells, so if you are into shelling you will be in heaven. In an effort to not disturb the turtles It is very dark at night, so lay back and watch the stars.

The AC unit in living room did not work the whole time we were there but it never really got to hot because the bedroom unit worked well. Our cottage #7 was elevated and I did not like going up stairs every time to go in the cottage, however being elevated did provide a view of the water from the porch. The cottage was extremely small and I could not imagine having more than two people in the one we were in. The grounds are really sandy and housekeeping is only once a week so get your broom out. This is not a resort and I did not expect daily housekeeping so this was not a big deal. One thing I wish we would of brought was paper towels we really needed some napkins or paper towels when eating. I don't know why this not provided at least one roll would be nice. We could of used a mat or rug for the front door. We did get a broom which was used a lot.
The WIFI is a speed of around a 10 and it worked well in our cottage. There were some times when it slowed some, but overall it was above average WIFI. I enjoyed still being able to check emails and surf the net free of charge that is nice. There was an ice machine within feet of our cottage and that was really nice when you needed ice. I would not recommend using it for your drinks but it was good for coolers.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating. You can rent bikes for 3 an hour and they provide you with a lot of information for neighboring attractions. The towel service worked well you just put your towels out by the door by 9am and they provided new towels.

When we rode our bikes over to the nature trail a red hawk dive bombed us making for a rare close encounter with nature and a fox ran by. Maybe the hawk was chasing the fox. We saw a few rabbits on the property down by the beach.

Overall my stay at Beachview Cottages was an enjoyable experience.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamarac, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My stay at Beachview Cottages was great. It is a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. You stay in your own cozy cottage, some of the cottages are connected to other cottages but you wouldn't know it from inside. They are in the process of upgrading the air conditioning units in all the cottages which is nice since some of the units can be kind of loud. The resort is pet friendly but double check before you book since they do not allow pets in all of the cottages. The best part of this place is you can stop at the grocery store on your way there to stock up on food, then you're on your own for the duration of your vacation, the staff won't bother you unless you need anything. They provide beach chairs but they're first come first serve. Each cottage is a short walk to the beach, so close I didn't even bring a cooler, I just walked back to my cottage to get what I needed. They have bikes for rental, $3 per hour. You can ride all over Sanibel Island, there is bike path's everywhere. I have visited Beachview Cottages several times and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Check out the map on their website to select your cottage.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
South Hamilton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Beachview Cottages was an amazing experience and wonderful place to stay. We traveled there for my grandmothers 80th surprise birthday and I could not have thought of a better place to enjoy it. In total, we had 35 family members, which each family stayed in a separate cottage.

We had the luxury of staying in cottage #1. We woke up in the morning and the first view you see are palm trees and the ocean. Enjoying a cup of coffee on the screened in porch was one of the most relaxing experiences I have had in a long time. Sanibel and Beachview are extremely relaxing. I highly recommend this location to any couple or family looking to get away and relax.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

If you are looking for a quiet, fairy tale get away on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, I found it!!! And let me tell you about the hospitality. My son & his new wife popped into town last week-end for a few days & even though we live in the beautiful city of Fort Myers, I thought it would be nice to slip away from the rat race for a week-end & have some quality family time on a nearby beach. After a few phone calls to Sanibel Island properties & getting told about three night minimums & how they were part of a group & other discouraging things, I took another chance & called the Beachview Cottages of Sanibel Island. What a lucky break! I spoke with a delightful & welcoming person named Lisa Hart. Immediately I felt like I was an old friend & not some moron calling at the last minute to find a place to stay on one of the worlds most popular islands. She told me that she thought she would have a couple of rooms open up the next day & to call back in the morning. I felt like I was being invited to her house. When I called back she told me that the rooms were going to be available for us late that morning. I was very happy but didn't expect much. Boy was I wrong! After crossing the gorgeous causeway & meandering through the island, we pulled into this little cove of brightly colored, quaint cottages in yellow, red & green that were charming & inviting. I felt like we had entered another world. The front yards were beautiful white sand & looked out over the gorgeous beaches of Sanibel. When I walked into the office, I felt like I had stepped back in time as I was greeted by a young lady named Lisa Hart, the same one I had talked to on the phone (my new friend)! She was just as warm & welcoming in person. She quickly checked us in & directed us to our cottages after going over the amenities, which included bicycles for rent for a whopping $3 an hour.....yep that's right....you know how everything is more expensive on the islands...ha! And they were nice.The cottages weren't fancy (yay), but they were charming, immaculately clean with a full kitchen, TV, small bedroom and nice shower. There were beach chairs, books to read in the office, a tiki deck on the beach for those who want to take in the beach & ocean breeze without the sunburn, and just good old-fashioned hospitality. We couldn't get the TV box to work for us & Lisa was there in a few minutes to take care of it....operator error! Sitting on the screened in porch that evening after a quick dinner down the road at a great little casual place recommended by our personal concierge Lisa, was the most relaxed I've been in a long time & it was capped off with a sunrise sea shelling walk on the beach the next morning. As hard as it was to go home the next morning, checking out was easy & Lisa made us feel like we were leaving an old friend & we always had an invitation to come back to visit. My husband & I made a pact to make a week-end trip to the Beachview cottages, our new second home, every couple of months to recharge! And with their affordable rates, we can afford to do it! It's cheaper that a therapist & much better. But don't tell anyone...it's the best kept secret in Paradise!

Room Tip: Cottages #1 & #10 are the closest to the beach but all of them are great!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Beachview Cottages for one night on our recent trip to Florida. In retrospect, we wish we had booked for two nights. We arrived about 45 minutes before check in, with the hope that we could just park our car and enjoy the beach, but the very friendly woman manning the desk that day(July 2) told us our cottage was ready, and we could check in early. I did not get the woman's name, and wish I had, because she was SO nice. When I explained that we were down in Florida to visit my brother who lives in Cape Coral, she actually told me that I should let him know he was welcome to come see us, and enjoy the pool and beach with us. I have NEVER had anyone at any hotel, motel, or any other sort of lodging I have stayed at issue an invitation like that. It really impressed me, and I knew I had made the right choice with choosing Beachview, having never stayed on Sanibel before. Alas, my brother was working, and missed out on the fun we had!

Our cottage was number 9. It was one of the farthest from the beach, but that made no difference, as the walk between the cottages to get to the beach was so short in the first place. Our cottage was immaculately cleaned, with all the amenities you could want. Nice fridge, stove, TV, bed, shower, etc. Quiet AC units that really kept everything nice and cool, comfy couch, dining room table, and a lovely lanai. I choose the cottage because it had a king sized bed, and we really didn't use anything in the kitchen other than the fridge and two glasses, but I can see where guests staying for a longer visit would have everything they needed. Initially, I was wondering if we would have to deal with any noise at night, because cottage 9 is in between the pool and the laundry/recycling area, but there was no noise at all that night.

Once we got settled in, we hit the beach, stopping to grab two lawn chairs that the property provides. We had fun swimming, sunning, and shelling for the next few hours. After dinner, we went back down to the beach, and got a sunset picture, even though it was cloudy after a massive rainstorm that happened while we were at dinner. We spent a relaxing evening on the lanai/watching TV, then woke up the next morning early, so my husband could get a morning beach swim in, and do more shelling.

Check out was a breeze, and we were on our way home, wishing we had another day to spend there!

A few additional things I would like to add...we were provided with a nice information packet when checking in that had info about Sanibel, a seashell guide, and about the turtles on the beach. The cottage had a binder in it with additional info, also. One thing that was mentioned in the binder were the no-see-um's....which we never saw/felt/got bit by(and we had not brought any bug spray with us). I don't know if we just got lucky, or what, but we didn't see any bugs/insects of any kind the whole time we were there. Many guests had dogs with them, but they were all friendly dogs and did not make a mess that we saw. Ditto for kids...we don't have kids, so normally avoid places that are family-friendly, but all the kids there were just having a great beach vacation, and it was nice to see well behaved kids enjoying the outdoors.

Overall, we have nothing but great things to say about our stay here, and hope to return some day soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Beachview Cottages? Share your experiences!