“There's no better place...” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3325 W. Gulf Dr., Sanibel Island, FL 33957   |
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Sanibel Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bradenton, Florida
“There's no better place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

to go with your family of many, and each have their own cottage, your immediate family or your girlfriends. I happen to love leaving my husband behind for, atleast, a short getaway with my girlfriends! We take everything and hang out the entire time right here vs going out for breakfast, etc....it's the perfect place to just 'be'.
I always take Misty, my 5#, long-haired, blonde chihuahua....she LOVES it here also. Besides, she is one of the girls after all and loves to look for buttercup shells!
Seriously, I tell this place to all who will listen. I am fortunate to live within driving distance but 18 years ago, from California, my young family and I would fly to Sanibel :)
You want the old fashioned welcoming of the awesome staff of Lisa, Bob and Bob....AND stay in quaint cottages...this is the place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I, being new to Florida, decided on a trip to West Florida to breakaway from the humdrum of Miami. We were looking for a place where we could take our small dog with us and Beachview Cottages seemed the ideal place to go. Sadly we were disappointed with the cottage we were in. For the rate we had to pay we do not feel we got our monies worth. Not too long ago we stayed at a resort at the Florida Keys and for only $20.00 more we got a two bedroom cottage with a separate living room area and kitchen as well as a private BBQ area, something lacking at Beachview Cottages. We had privacy as well as access to the beach and someone came in EVERY day to clean up and to remove any garbage. Although we took care of this ourself it was nice knowing the service was available at no extra cost. We feel Beachview Cottages is overated and the staff were not too friendly except for the lady at the front desk. Sadly, Beachview cottages will not be seeing us again.

Room Tip: ALL cottages are on the road leading into the resort and our bedroom was VERY tiny and bedding was n...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
miami beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

my wife and i broke free from our hectic miami beach work cycle to spend some quality time together with out two king charles cavalier puppys. everything about this small resort was just what we were ;looking for. we stayed in cottage 9 right next to the pool and real close to the office. our cottage was clean and had 2 air conditioners that were pumping the cool air from the moment we put the key in the door. place was clean and only about 70 yards from a very peaceful beach. our dogs had the time of their lives swimming each day and chasing birds. mostly every couple we met had their pet or pets with them too. we stopped in ft meyers beach the the beach market and picked up some big nasty lobster tails and some colossal shripm which we barbecued on our personnel barbecue just outside the front door. drove to captiva and checked out all of the shops on perriwinkel. we'll definitely be back and we want the same cottage. what a great relaxing gertaway!!!! jim and eddi maxwell miami beach

Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

The cottages were exactly what we hoped to find. We do not enjoy staying in a hotel with a lobby, elevators and closed in room. The cottages allowed us to come and go from our front door, screen room and short path to the beach. The rooms were so cute, clean and the grounds are very well maintained. We were the envy of others staying in surrounding hotels. Our dog had a blast. I recommend you bring food to cook and grill out.

Room Tip: Cute, clean and all the essentials you need for a beach stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

The Old Florida multi-hued cottages hark back to a slower-paced time. I rated this excellent only on the basis that you go in knowing that it is not upscale, but rather good value. Sure, the decor is funky and not luxurious in any way. But it's adequate. You don't have to worry about the kids damaging expensive furniture. The kitchen was fully equipped which proved very useful since all the restaurants on Sanibel are more expensive than I like to pay. What's important is that it is right on the beautiful beach on the Gulf of Mexico. Because there are only 20 units in a sort of Caribbean village, the atmosphere is friendly. The other guests said hello and interacted. There are free bicycles for guests. There is no charge for parking. There is no "resort fee."

Maryville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed at The Beachview Cottages on Memorial Day weekend May 2011. It was my first time staying there. I have a hard time finding pet friendly places to stay. I took a friend and their son with me. It was like heaven! The old Florida style cottage rooms were small but quaint...we had unit # 9. Nice screened in front porch on all units. It would've been better for just a couple. I did not like having to go up and down the stairs with my elderly dogs but I got the room on a last minute cancellation so I couldn't complain. The bed was something to be desired along with the linens/comforter. If I stay there again, I will take my own linens/comforter from home. A/C wasn't putting out enough cold air to suit me. We had an incredible stay otherwise, was enjoying and fun even with a bad storm on Saturday night. The shelling after the storm on Sunday was to die for! The beach, the people staying there, the atmosphere was excellent. I will go back to the Beachview Cottages to stay again and I would recommend them pets or no pets!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

This was a bittersweet trip for us having just lost our oldest dog a few days earlier. We love to shell and needed to get away and so we booked a trip to Sanibel pretty much last minute. We wanted a cottage on the beach. All we wanted to do was to keep our minds off Kai and focus on shelling. Beachview Cottages turned out to be exactly what we needed. The staff was fantastic (shout-out to Lisa), and the accomodations couldn't have been quainter. The best part about Beachview is the community that stays there. It seems everyone is an animal lover and everyone knows each other. Our unit was maybe 50 ft from the water, the pool is kept heated year-round and each unit has it's own grill. My only advice to ownership would be that even though we rented a studio, good grief, leave more than 2 dinner plates, 2 sets of silverware, 2 wine glasses..etc.

Otherwise, if you're looking for old Florida, this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Beachview Cottages? Share your experiences!